Home » Audio » Radio » Which modern radios are the best?
Which modern radios are the best? [message #64145] Thu, 30 September 2010 08:09 Go to next message
BigMacAndCheese is currently offline  BigMacAndCheese
Baron
I am thinking of buying a modern radio, that's all I want. Something dedicated to radio rather than part of a CD/tapedeck combo type set up. Any ideas?
Re: Which modern radios are the best? [message #64147 is a reply to message #64145] Thu, 30 September 2010 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If you want your radio primarily for AM/Shortwave, then I'd check ccrane.com. If you're looking for high-fidelity FM music, then check fmtunerinfo.com.

Re: Which modern radios are the best? [message #64154 is a reply to message #64147] Sat, 02 October 2010 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Thanks for the links. I didn't really have a preference for one or the other when I asked the question but having looked into it a little more I am thinking an FM radio is a better deal. It seems to guarantee a more reliable service, though I could be way off here as a radio ignoramus! Rolling Eyes
Re: Which modern radios are the best? [message #64157 is a reply to message #64154] Sat, 02 October 2010 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's two different things. AM and shortwave bands are almost all talk radio programs. FM has mostly music.

Re: Which modern radios are the best? [message #64174 is a reply to message #64145] Mon, 04 October 2010 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Ahhh thanks. I think I will go for talk radio in that case. I have plenty of access to music and I like to choose what I listen to. Talk shows are often interesting and good entertainment.
Re: Which modern radios are the best? [message #64200 is a reply to message #64145] Tue, 05 October 2010 20:02 Go to previous message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
I'm not too sure what brands are best, but HD Radio is really nice. You don't have all that interference, and it's just so clear. It really is something that I think everyone should at least give a try, especially if you're a huge fan of radio.
Previous Topic: watterson model 505
Next Topic: Radio transmitter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:55:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout