Home » Audio » General » Computer Audio
Computer Audio [message #64132] Wed, 29 September 2010 04:59 Go to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
For some reason, I have been having trouble listening to music on my desktop. It sounds slow, like an old boombox when the batteries are dying. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Re: Computer Audio [message #64139 is a reply to message #64132] Wed, 29 September 2010 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)

99% of the time computer uses are software, so tell us what is causing this mess and I can be of some help there

If it is system wide it is likely the PLL chip, which will require a new motherboard. It governs the system clock and it might be underclocking the CPU of the audio chip causing it to run slowly.

The simpler answer is that likely there is some sample rate setting that is wrong somewhere.

Re: Computer Audio [message #64217 is a reply to message #64132] Thu, 07 October 2010 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
That's really weird. You may need to reinstall it or check your audio settings? Another thing that may be affecting it is that your computer is not up to date or too much memory is being used. Restarting your computer can fix a lot
Re: Computer Audio [message #64228 is a reply to message #64132] Sat, 09 October 2010 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang is currently offline  Wolfgang
Chancellor
I was going to say, "get a new one" but I remember I had the same problem with my old PC. I did change my speakers but not much improvement. I was told to get a new sound card but my PC was too old and I wasn't willing to buy new parts for a unit I would dispatch one year later.
Re: Computer Audio [message #64257 is a reply to message #64132] Mon, 11 October 2010 08:23 Go to previous message
RockingAngel is currently offline  RockingAngel
Chancellor
Sometimes actually uninstalling certain things like this and then restarting computer because it auto installs it back can help. I have had problems with my dvd burner and this works for that.
Previous Topic: Love me love my audio fetish!
Next Topic: Ebay watching
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 12:48:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout