Home » Audio » Pro Sound » How to split voice and music
Re: How to split voice and music [message #64166 is a reply to message #64155] Sun, 03 October 2010 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jazzlover is currently offline  jazzlover
Baron
Now this catches my attention. Guitar Pro converts a recording into MIDI? I'm a bit familiar with MIDI. I used to help a friend edit the lyrics embedded in the MIDI files. I'm amazed at the possibilities this represents to bring more fun to parties Smile
Re: How to split voice and music [message #64167 is a reply to message #64166] Sun, 03 October 2010 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
jazzlover wrote on Sun, 03 October 2010 08:10
Now this catches my attention. Guitar Pro converts a recording into MIDI? I'm a bit familiar with MIDI. I used to help a friend edit the lyrics embedded in the MIDI files. I'm amazed at the possibilities this represents to bring more fun to parties Smile

No, the guitar pro files have midi files in them, so there is nothing to do. And they sound realistic too because they use modeling amps to produce a lot of instruments rather than the MIDI soundbank

Re: How to split voice and music [message #64168 is a reply to message #64045] Sun, 03 October 2010 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I also promised I'd give an example. Each track from the guitar pro file was re-recorded, reworked and remixed, so there are some studio effects that might not be present originally, but this is the sound quality you can expect using Guitar Pro:

http://boomp3.com/mp3/njxqyqvo798-another-rainy-night

Re: How to split voice and music [message #64171 is a reply to message #64168] Mon, 04 October 2010 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jazzlover is currently offline  jazzlover
Baron
Amazing. You seem to have completely removed the vocals! I compared what you did with the MTV I saw on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avvBnScGdfA

Cool!

Just one question though. What do you think about music copyright implications?
Re: How to split voice and music [message #64173 is a reply to message #64171] Mon, 04 October 2010 06:17 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I have found that the majority of bands have absolutely no concern over MIDI, Tabs or anything other than their original recordings that they are marketing.

Edit: I remember back in the days of dial up. There were plenty of bands willing to give away their entire catalogue in MIDI, Queensryche were doing this if I remember rightly.

That is why I did this, because when I want to do a vocal demo, i'd rather use something that technically I partially own because as the producer of the material, I am a co-owner. Needless to say, I cant do anything commercial with this without paying royalties to the songwriters though. I've had stuff I did removed using the the original recordings.

Previous Topic: Normalizing
Next Topic: MIDI Arrangers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:54:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout