Home » Audio » Speaker » JBL 052Ti data? (Has anyone measured a JBL052Ti tweeter?)
JBL 052Ti data? [message #63958] Tue, 31 August 2010 13:09 Go to next message
PR Audio is currently offline  PR Audio
Chancellor
Hi, All!

Sorry to not have posted for a while - I've just been incredibly busy. Anyway, I thought I'd asked this, here, recently, but must have messed up posting it (or just dreamt I had posted it!)

---

Has anyone here ever run response and impedance curves for the JBL 052Ti tweeter? If nothing else, Fs would be helpful. This info. would be to assist with a possible upgrade: JBL puts these things in 2-ways where it appears the crossover is almost on top of the tweeter's Fs -- unless said Fs is lower than I'd expect it to be, just looking at the owner's blown tweeters. (Both are blown.) So, I think it's possible to do better, at reasonable cost, but it'd be nice to know what JBL was really doing...

---

Thanks!

Come visit!
www.praudio.com/site/
Re: JBL 052Ti data? [message #63964 is a reply to message #63958] Tue, 31 August 2010 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Have you tried looking for the owners manual online? most companies have no problem specifying their crossover frequencies and almost always make it known the specs of each driver.

Re: JBL 052Ti data? [message #63972 is a reply to message #63964] Wed, 01 September 2010 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PR Audio is currently offline  PR Audio
Chancellor
Yes, I have the JBL Tech Manual for the system (a few of them, actually) that the 052Ti tweeter is used in.

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Studio%20Monitor%20Series/4408ALR.pdf

Unfortunately, it has very limited info. on the tweeter. Sad

Come visit!
www.praudio.com/site/
Re: JBL 052Ti data? [message #63984 is a reply to message #63958] Thu, 02 September 2010 16:24 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wow. It's a one sheet basically. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Previous Topic: DBX "Soundfield" 1A speaker questions
Next Topic: Struggling with understanding TONALITY in speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 07:56:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout