Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 12pi bass horn plans
Re: 12pi bass horn plans [message #93191 is a reply to message #63735] Tue, 23 February 2021 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SICKBITTY is currently offline  SICKBITTY
Esquire
Can i get a plan of the pi bass Horn please
Re: 12pi bass horn plans [message #93192 is a reply to message #93191] Tue, 23 February 2021 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!
Re: 12pi bass horn plans [message #93844 is a reply to message #93187] Tue, 01 June 2021 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LunaticSound is currently offline  LunaticSound
Esquire
Hello Wayne,

Can I please have the Plans for the 12 PI Horns as well?

Cheers and Greetings from Germany Smile
Re: 12pi bass horn plans [message #93845 is a reply to message #93844] Tue, 01 June 2021 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!
Re: 12pi bass horn plans [message #94191 is a reply to message #63735] Thu, 12 August 2021 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Distel is currently offline  Distel
Esquire
Can I have the metric plans? Thanks Smile
Re: 12pi bass horn plans [message #94193 is a reply to message #94191] Thu, 12 August 2021 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

We don't have plans in metric but I'll send you the plans we have.
Re: 12pi bass horn plans [message #95236 is a reply to message #63735] Fri, 11 February 2022 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apade is currently offline  Apade
Esquire
Hello there!

Love the design and the cooling method! I want to build up to four pieces of the 12Pi but since I am located in Germany, I am not able to get flat packs, the woofers or even the cooling parts from you (shipping would cost a thousand $ more than four times 12Pi Kit with cooling parts! Confused ) so I will have to machine the parts myself...
I am a bit anxious about drilling the pole vent of the woofers, since I don't want to get metal to fall behind the dustcap and into the magnetic gap... Is there a trick to prevent metal from falling inside the woofer?
Is it possible to get the Plans from you and some more detailed drawings of the cooling plug? The drawings I got do not state the length of the upper (wider) part of the plug. Also 3d files of the cabinet and the cooling plug would be much appreciated so I can convert to *.dxf and give it to my local CNC guy!

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany -
Re: 12pi bass horn plans [message #95237 is a reply to message #95236] Fri, 11 February 2022 09:42 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

As for machining the center pole, my suggestion is to purchase blown drivers and then recone them after the machining operations. That definitely works best, because you have access to the gap and can clean it out before installing the voice coil and cone.

When I made the first prototypes, I thought I could capture the metal filings with the magnet. That it does, but since the gap has the greatest intensity, that's where most of the filings are captured. Laughing

So I did as I'm describing to you - machining an empty basket and then reconing it. After that, I began to have OEM runs made of the drivers, where the center pole was machined at the factory prior to installing the cone and final assembly. Either way is fine - machining new parts prior to final assembly or starting with bare baskets from blown drivers and reconing them afterwards - but trying to keep the shavings out of the gap with the voice coil installed just really doesn't work.
Previous Topic: Optional Drivers and Upgrades
Next Topic: Recessed baffle and speaker grills
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:24:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout