Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » VTV #20
VTV #20 [message #8213] Fri, 04 June 2004 01:08 Go to next message
Charlie Kittleson is currently offline  Charlie Kittleson
Chancellor
Our 20th issue is now printed and we are sending them out to subscribers. We had several months of delay due to personal and real estate issues. We will be back on track with more regular publications

Thanks for hanging in there.

Charlie Kittleson

Re: VTV #20 [message #8214 is a reply to message #8213] Fri, 04 June 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I've just read issues 17 and 19 completely, cover-to-cover. I'm so impressed with them because they include things like interesting histories, information about tube construction details and descriptions of specific circuits and amplifier models. I haven't read a magazine with such interest since reading early Byte magazines back in school days. I've said it before about VTV, and I'm not just blowing smoke. I really like your publication.

Re: VTV #20 [message #8215 is a reply to message #8213] Fri, 04 June 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moderator is currently offline  Moderator
Esquire
Don't take this the wrong way, but please take a minute to read the rules. You probably hadn't read them and just didn't know. They're there to protect you and everyone else, so we can't overlook them for anyone. Thanks and please don't be offended.

Re: VTV #20 [message #8216 is a reply to message #8215] Fri, 04 June 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charlie Kittleson is currently offline  Charlie Kittleson
Chancellor
OK

I respect and will abide by your rules

Charlie Kittleson

Re: VTV #20 [message #8218 is a reply to message #8216] Fri, 04 June 2004 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I can hardly wait to get my copy of Issue #20. One of us that subscribe to VTV would have mentioned it anyway. So there's no harm done, at least in my opinion.

Now that the cat's out of the bag, what articles are in this issue of VTV?

Re: VTV #20 [message #8219 is a reply to message #8214] Sat, 05 June 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
metasonix is currently offline  metasonix
Viscount
thanks.

Issue 20 has 7591, eBay fraud, the Scott 299 family,
the story of Sargent-Rayment, plus various reviews and
other stories. And a TUBE DUMPSTER article about
Compactrons.

Love it when idiots on audioasylum attack VTV for being "only 40 pages long". It's 40 pages with VERY FEW ADS. A typical VTV has at least as much editorial content as any other specialty magazine.

Some fools seem to prefer to pay for advertising.
Makes them think they're getting something extra, I spose....

Re: VTV #20 [message #8221 is a reply to message #8219] Sat, 05 June 2004 14:34 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I didn't even notice the magazine's number of pages until you said something. It's heavy and like 3/8 inch thick, so I assumed it was about the same as other specialty magazines. The content is definitely good and makes the magazine worthwhile.

Previous Topic: High Power Tubes
Next Topic: Eico HF-14
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:38:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout