Home » Audio » Home Theater » New toys
New toys [message #63622] Mon, 02 August 2010 09:09 Go to next message
candoon is currently offline  candoon
Baron
The lovely day is coming up when we want to go shopping for more toys. Right now its between a new sub or a new receiver. Both are getting a little on the older side. The sub has been attacked by an evil cat Shocked and the receiver has seen better days.

For the sub I am debating a wireless one or not, pro's/con's for anyone thats tried one out before?

For the receiver I just read a decent review of the Onkyo TX-NR1008 and since I know the brand I am not too off on it, the sub's though I am seeing some brands that I am not to sure about. Confused
Re: New toys [message #63631 is a reply to message #63622] Mon, 02 August 2010 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
candoon wrote on Mon, 02 August 2010 09:09
The lovely day is coming up when we want to go shopping for more toys. Right now its between a new sub or a new receiver. Both are getting a little on the older side. The sub has been attacked by an evil cat Shocked and the receiver has seen better days.

For the sub I am debating a wireless one or not, pro's/con's for anyone thats tried one out before?

For the receiver I just read a decent review of the Onkyo TX-NR1008 and since I know the brand I am not too off on it, the sub's though I am seeing some brands that I am not to sure about. Confused

Wireless sound is not at the stage yet where it is equal to wired. I don't know, maybe it is all perception but there is a stigma attached to wireless audio.

Wireless audio [message #63638 is a reply to message #63622] Tue, 03 August 2010 09:38 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I personally wouldn't want the mains to run wireless but one place I've found it to be useful is the surrounds. The majority of the surround signal is effects and background sound, so it isn't probably as critical. To tell the truth, I find it to be a pretty good solution for installations where surround speaker placement is difficult with respect to running the wires.

Previous Topic: Music or Video?
Next Topic: My project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:17:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout