Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Thanks Wayne! "4Pi" success.
Re: Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakers, revisited [message #63308 is a reply to message #63306] Sat, 03 July 2010 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doucanoe is currently offline  doucanoe
Baron
I have spent time reviewing your findings in the past but have read it as an overview because of my lack of understanding. Last night, I spent more time with each link bullet point feel I'm getting a better grasp on your work in this area. I'm finding it helpful to jumping back and forth while reading it to better clarify terminology, theory and supporting data. It's starting to come together for me but it's a slow process for a rookie like myself Smile

What I will say is this, in following your lead with the two implementations of your 4Pi design I have completed have produced wonderful results.

Following the formula of another now popular 2-way design has produced a "ambitious" speaker but a bit of a swing and miss in comparison. To be fair, some of this is probably due to the more economy minded compression driver used.

I have organized much of the link info and commentary now and will be printing it out for some more formal reading time.

Thanks again Wayne.

RC

Re: Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakers, revisited [message #63309 is a reply to message #63308] Sat, 03 July 2010 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's cool. For years, decades really, we were the only manufacturer making a loudspeaker like this. Now it has become a very popular format. I am happy with this because I think it raises the bar and brings better loudspeakers within reach of more people. Besides, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Cool

Re: Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakers, revisited [message #63310 is a reply to message #63309] Sat, 03 July 2010 09:17 Go to previous message
doucanoe is currently offline  doucanoe
Baron
Wayne Parham wrote on Sat, 03 July 2010 08:25

That's cool. For years, decades really, we were the only manufacturer making a loudspeaker like this. Now it has become a very popular format. I am happy with this because I think it raises the bar and brings better loudspeakers within reach of more people.

Besides, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Cool

Ha! Yes it is so you must be doing something right Smile

Funny story, When I first brought up the subject with spkrman57 a few years back he told me this...

" Ron, this is nothing new, Wayne has been doing this in the Pi speaker line for many, many years"
Very Happy

RC

Previous Topic: Upon further investigation..
Next Topic: 4Pi speaker plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:30:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout