Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Need Hitachi k149 and j49 replacements
Need Hitachi k149 and j49 replacements [message #8000] Tue, 15 April 2008 17:17 Go to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi all,

I have a Goldmund Mimesis 9 amp in need of repair. I brought it to a local guy that tells me one of the transistors needs to be replaced. But they are matched pairs of Hitachi k149 and j49 transistors. These are not made anymore. Does anybody know where I could get replacements in matched pairs? I need three of each. Goldmund is of little help. What do you want for 15 grand I suppose.

Thanks
Chris

Re: Need Hitachi k149 and j49 replacements [message #8001 is a reply to message #8000] Wed, 16 April 2008 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I would contact Hitachi and get data sheets for the two transistors. You should be able to find compatible parts, maybe ones that exceed the original specs. Match Hfe, match or exceed Vceo and Vcbo and match or exceed Ic and Pt.

I would replace both channels with matched pairs. If you can't find matched pairs, you may have to buy a small lot and measure them yourself for matching purposes.

Thanks Wayne. Much appreciated. NT [message #8002 is a reply to message #8001] Thu, 17 April 2008 08:31 Go to previous message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
NT

Previous Topic: Rotel Stereo Amp
Next Topic: Class A SS amp in Audio eXpress
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:09:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio