Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Panasonic RA-80 AM-FM Stereo Amplifier 39 Transistor 19 Diode
Panasonic RA-80 AM-FM Stereo Amplifier 39 Transistor 19 Diode [message #7939] Tue, 01 May 2007 11:11 Go to next message
Ross Rakoff is currently offline  Ross Rakoff
Chancellor
I found this ancient peice. I got it from a guy who paid the original owner $40 for it some years ago. The guy who originally owned it claimed it was the first panasonic transistor receiver and was very desireable. Is it??? I have no clue...its built like a tank and its in farely good condition for its age except for the fact that the 3 fuses are missing in the back...including their holders. Anyone know anything about on of these....Is it worth getting it repaired. I would be very curious to know what it sounds like . Does anybody know when its from...Looks to me like its mid to late 60's maybe earlier. Looks very complex and well made. Please give info.

-Ross

Re: Panasonic RA-80 AM-FM Stereo Amplifier 39 Transistor 19 Diode [message #7953 is a reply to message #7939] Thu, 28 June 2007 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
I think you should go ahead and just purchase an upgraded one. That one sounds like its on its way to being dead really soon.

Re: Panasonic RA-80 AM-FM Stereo Amplifier 39 Transistor 19 Diode [message #7954 is a reply to message #7953] Thu, 28 June 2007 23:19 Go to previous message
Ross Rakoff is currently offline  Ross Rakoff
Chancellor
The fuses are missing. There is absolutly no power. It also needs fuse caps. I am sure i can find the fuses and the caps. I took it to a shop and they told me it also needs a new power supply, but that is what they always say. NEW POWER SUPPLY $120, $140, $160. They are a bunch of theiving liers. I bet if I just foudn the fuses and the caps I would have a working receiver. Do you know what year it is from or anything at all about it? Please let me know? Where can I get a moded one?

-Ross

Previous Topic: Buzzing Yamaha CA400
Next Topic: Problem with Sansui 6060 receiver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 30 17:11:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers