Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » How do I sell a vintage amplifier in a sealed box
How do I sell a vintage amplifier in a sealed box [message #7935] Wed, 25 April 2007 17:45 Go to next message
Shoshanna is currently offline  Shoshanna
Esquire
Hello, folks! HOping you could give me some advice. I found an old sealed in the box Lafayette Stereo-10 amplifier stamped 1968. IF I want to sell it online should I open it up & photograph the contents or sell it in its pristine unopened state? I would think people want to see its not been damaged, but that sealed in the box mystique appeals to some. How would you want to buy it?

Re: How do I sell a vintage amplifier in a sealed box [message #7936 is a reply to message #7935] Thu, 26 April 2007 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
Well I would personally not open it but at the same time did you open it to see what the merchandise looks like?

Re: How do I sell a vintage amplifier in a sealed box [message #7941 is a reply to message #7936] Tue, 15 May 2007 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
There are two schools of thought here. If yo open it some would say that it lessens the value. On the other hand, how do yo know precisely what you have if you don't!
I would take digital pics of the unopened box, and ten the box opened up with the merchandise ( hopefully in the interior packaging. Then perhaps take the merchandise out of the box, with the box in the background. My opinion anyway.

Re: How do I sell a vintage amplifier in a sealed box [message #7964 is a reply to message #7941] Wed, 26 September 2007 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gilipsie is currently offline  Gilipsie
Viscount
I agree with you Randle, I think you may want to take the time out to open it at least. Wether it is said that it may lessen the value or not.

Re: How do I sell a vintage amplifier in a sealed box [message #7965 is a reply to message #7935] Thu, 27 September 2007 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sacback is currently offline  sacback
Baron
You are eventually going to have to do that because alot of people want to see the contents of what you are selling. So you might as well go ahead and get it out the way because it's not avoidable.

Re: How do I sell a vintage amplifier in a sealed box [message #7981 is a reply to message #7964] Mon, 15 October 2007 13:31 Go to previous message
willyable is currently offline  willyable
Viscount
But heck it wouldn't be your fault if you didn't open it and they got it and it wasn't what it was suppose to be. It's not lik eit would have bene intentional or something like that.

Previous Topic: Need some education on SS
Next Topic: Chip Amp ThinkGeek
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 22:15:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout