Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » RE:What do I do with ground wire?
RE:What do I do with ground wire? [message #7930] Thu, 01 March 2007 16:19 Go to next message
robert maclean is currently offline  robert maclean
Esquire
Hi,
I was wondering if any of you kind people would be able to help me answer a simple question.I have just come into possession of a Solid State KA2000A Trio Amplifier which has a ground wire,attached by a screw,coming out of the back,is it important and what do I attach it to? Sorry for my ignorance but,Iam a complete novice at such things and have no wish to get fried,cheers.

Re: RE:What do I do with ground wire? [message #7931 is a reply to message #7930] Fri, 02 March 2007 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm not framiliar with your brand of amp, but if you have phono inputs on it, it's usually the ground wire from a turntable.
HTH
Billw

Re: RE:What do I do with ground wire? [message #7933 is a reply to message #7930] Tue, 17 April 2007 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
Generally, any time I've seen a ground wire I've assumed it would be connected with good mechanical contact to a metal structure of something else that we know to be grounded.

I assume this amp doesn't have a three-prong plug?

Re: RE:What do I do with ground wire? [message #7934 is a reply to message #7931] Wed, 18 April 2007 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
Yeah I want to know what brand it is before I actually try to assist you with this problem. Because of course all amps are made differently.

Re: RE:What do I do with ground wire? [message #7937 is a reply to message #7930] Thu, 26 April 2007 10:08 Go to previous message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
From what I was told, sometimes those wires are just there but at the same time they aren't what color is the wire?

Previous Topic: RAP500
Next Topic: Buzzing Yamaha CA400
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:37:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout