Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Excellent Customer Service from Krell...
Excellent Customer Service from Krell... [message #7873] Wed, 08 March 2006 12:01 Go to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi all,

Just wanted to give credit where credit is do. I recently had a problem with my Krell KSA300s amp and it had to go back to the factory for repairs. Not a cheap proposition as the amp when packed weighs almost 200lbs. Krell's customer service was excellent. I ask a lot of questions and a Krell tech spend much time with me on the phone and answered them all. They also helped me find a reasonable shipping company which saved me $$. Krell got the amp, fixed it and returned it in the time they told me it would take. Now that I have the amp back it sounds even better than before. Krell even took out some of the wire connectors and hard wired the wires for me at no extra charge.

I don't know where all of this Krell bashing I've read on the internet comes from but I can tell you from experience it's not correct. I am a very happy Krell owner and will probably buy more Krell equipment in the future. As they say in the magazines "Highly Recommended"!

Re: Excellent Customer Service from Krell... [message #7874 is a reply to message #7873] Thu, 09 March 2006 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Not bad; for what; 8k$ per amp they better provide good service! They should come to your house and personally pick them up. And buy you dinner.

Re: Excellent Customer Service from Krell... [message #7875 is a reply to message #7874] Thu, 09 March 2006 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Original price was 9-10G's. I bought it used for no where near that price.

Even though I bought the Krell amp used, Krell spent much time with me and treated me like a customer. Contrast that to VTL which in no uncertain terms told me (when I inquired about purchasing a $750 phono board for a VTL preamp I was considering buying used)I was not a customer and they can't be bothered taking the time to help people who buy their products used.

The Krell KSA300s is a brute of an amp. I don't know if it's worth 10G's but I am very happy with the sound and that's all that matters to me.

Re: Excellent Customer Service from Krell... [message #7876 is a reply to message #7875] Thu, 09 March 2006 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
VTL is not known for good PR. What speakers are you driving with that monster amp? You know posting on these DIY forums you don't hear much about the big boys/ Krell/Levinson/ARC/CJ blah blah. I used to BI-Amp with two Bryston 4b's on a pair of JSE Model 4's. Crazy.

Is this a DIY forum?? (NT) [message #7877 is a reply to message #7876] Thu, 09 March 2006 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
NT

Re:I assumed that was the general thrust; no? [message #7878 is a reply to message #7877] Thu, 09 March 2006 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats not to say you can't post whatever you want; it's just that most of the posts are DIY related it appears. I don't mind reading about Krell. I used to listen to them all the time.

BTW to answer your question... [message #7879 is a reply to message #7878] Thu, 09 March 2006 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Thiel CS7's

Re: BTW to answer your question... [message #7880 is a reply to message #7879] Thu, 09 March 2006 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Nice. I had a pair of 2's in the deep dark past. There's a story that goes with them. I put them up for sale and a guy calls me to buy them. He comes by and walks in the door with this girl who is less than half-dressed and looks like a centerfold. He's moving overseas and he wants Theils. I had to audition them for him while the model sat there smiling and nodding at everything I say. Every once in a while she asks a little question with this accent; like portugese or something. I managed to keep them for a couple hours regaling her with tales of audio derring do. Do the words micro-mini mean anything to you? And tan-lines?
Best sale I ever made.

Re: BTW to answer your question... [message #7881 is a reply to message #7880] Fri, 10 March 2006 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
What does your system consist of now? If I may ask.

Re: BTW to answer your question... [message #7882 is a reply to message #7881] Fri, 10 March 2006 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Sure you can ask anything you want. I use a lot of different stuff; I just changed out the PP El 34 for a PP el 84 this morning. I have the Pi Theater 4's and Altec Valencias. Right now the EL 84 amp is driving the Altecs and I have a Luxman M120a driving the Pi's. Upstairs I use the Linn with a Luxman Phono stage and downstairs a Rotel CD player alternating with a Technics SL 1600 and a Seduction/foreplay combo; or the foreplay/Gainclone combo. Then I have a bunch of tube amps and integrated amps I use.
Two years ago I decided I wanted to start learning to build all my own stuff. So I liquidated the system I had at the time; EAR EL 859/EAR 834 phono stage and the LInn with Spendor SP 1's and set-up a little bank account to use to finance my instructional journey. I called Wayne out of the blue because I saw his website; the old one and asked about which kit would be the best all around and he sold me the Theater 4's. I built those and loved them so Since then I have been building All my stuff except for the Luxman and my AES pre-amp; although I did modify that with new controls/rectifier diodes and coupling caps.
I'm looking at Damir's new SE 300B amp to go along with the Guienevere pre-amp of Douglas's we built last summer. That I expect will be the best system possible for any reasonable amount of money. For that I may build some of the Altec parts I have around into a modernised Model 19.
Lot of plans and unfinished projects.

Previous Topic: What does Yamaha use
Next Topic: Tilt EQ no NFB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:00:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers