Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Curcuit breaker going off on Yamaha RX-385
Curcuit breaker going off on Yamaha RX-385 [message #7823] Sat, 18 June 2005 16:32 Go to next message
chris is currently offline  chris
Baron
The curcuit breaker has begun switching the unit off at even moderate volumes on my Yamaha rx-385 100wpc x 4 receiver. Any insight which will assist my rectifying this malfunction is eagerly sought and shall be amply appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Curcuit breaker going off on Yamaha RX-385 [message #7824 is a reply to message #7823] Sat, 18 June 2005 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
I think i found the problem. A speaker wire on my Bi wired AR-9's was lose and must have been shorting . Tightened it up and can now crank it again without it shutting down.

Re: Curcuit breaker going off on Yamaha RX-385 [message #7825 is a reply to message #7824] Sun, 19 June 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Good job. I was going to suggest disconnecting the speaker wires and seeing if the amp still shut down, to isolate the problem and see if it was a shorted speaker. Looks like you found it though. Best that was a relief!

Re: Curcuit breaker going off on Yamaha RX-385 [message #7826 is a reply to message #7825] Sun, 19 June 2005 13:34 Go to previous message
Baron
Thanks very much for taking the time to think about my problem. Its very kind of you to have done so.I may not be in the position where this could happen again as i am expecting to pick up a used pair of Hales Concept III's which if i remembercorrectly are not bi-wireable.I will need to upgrade from the Yamaha receiver though as neat as that has been.I can finally put my KEF 690Q's in boxes back into the Van.I had them running off the high end posts as the AR9's tweeters do not work and that's where the loose wire developed.Thanks again.

Previous Topic: Help! - Converting Constant Voltage Amp!
Next Topic: Yet More on Sonic Impact
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:13:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout