Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Yet More on Sonic Impact
Yet More on Sonic Impact [message #7818] Fri, 27 May 2005 08:27 Go to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
I care so little about computer sound that I've never done anything other than plug in the crappy little speakers that came with my computer. Well, in preparation for the completion of the computer speakers I'm making, I went out and ordered a Sonic Impact. It arrived, so I hooked it up to the computer and for the time being it's driving a pair of old Optimus (that's Radio Shack, folks) LX-5 speakers I had stored away.

All I can say is -- wow! whadda difference. Lots of fun. MP3s played through my computer sound like real music. I'm not gonna tell you that the Sonic Impact is (or is not) producing "audiophile" quality sound, but it's a blast.

Meanwhile, I can't use the front door because I've got chicks nesting about three feet from it.

Re: Yet More on Sonic Impact [message #7819 is a reply to message #7818] Mon, 30 May 2005 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Say E-man; that kitty looks suspiciously well fed; where are those birds now anyway? Is that a feather on his lips?

Re: Yet More on Sonic Impact [message #7820 is a reply to message #7819] Tue, 31 May 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
She's so fat she can't clean herself properly -- but she moves like lightning when motivated. We put bells on her and her sister to discourage bird hunting, although she still spears one once in a while. She lies still and literally grabs one out of the air if it flies past too close to her. She didn't get any of those chicks, though.

On an unrelated note, I've begun a pair of Bob Brines's FT-1600 MkII cabinets to rehouse my Fostex FE167Es.

Speaking of Sonic Impact... [message #7821 is a reply to message #7818] Thu, 02 June 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
One of the things that caught my eye during the Montreal Audio Show in April was the Lotus Amp from Red Wine Audio. A battery powered Class-T amp dressed up in veneer, with high-grade connectors and presumably high-grade internal wiring as well. Didn't get to hear it though.

If the T-amp sounds as good as it does with the "inexpensive" mass-produced packaging of the Sonic Impact, should be very interesting to hear how it sounds when executed to the max.

Sorry, can't link directly to the photos. Scroll down to D715.

Gar.

Pool Liner--Totally Off Topic! [message #7822 is a reply to message #7818] Fri, 17 June 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guitarplayer is currently offline  guitarplayer
Baron
tell me a bit about that pool liner.

Is it designed to go over the existing coating? How much did it cost? Did you do it yourself, or have to hire it out?

I need to do something about my underwater pool finish, I'm hoping to do it this "winter". Sure not going to do it now, with the looming daily 100 degree temps here in Texas.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lee

Re: Pool Liner--Totally Off Topic! [message #7827 is a reply to message #7822] Sun, 19 June 2005 21:57 Go to previous message
Grand Master
GP,

I've just gotten back from an out-of-town wedding. I'll post tomorrow on your questions.

e

Previous Topic: Curcuit breaker going off on Yamaha RX-385
Next Topic: Who knows about preamp input impedance?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:17:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio