Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » I wish there had been more to fix!
I wish there had been more to fix! [message #7794] Sat, 09 April 2005 06:07 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Got this Marantz 2215B recently.
Found Bob's Vintage Electronics on E-Bay for lamps. They were almost all burned out. You can buy the fuse lamps from PE for 50 cents but he charges $6 for 8 and throws in instructions. Not bad. Plus he had the stereo light bulb you have to solder in. AND he answered several e-mailed quesions I had. Great guy.
Replaced all the lamps, cleaned the pots, switches and boards and fired her up:

Quiet, clean and picking up stations 70 miles away with a dipole. The phono section might be a bit better sounding, especially imaging, than the Bugle. The amp seciton, tho' doesn't like to play loud. I think I'll use the tape out for phono and FM but for now, It's co cool to have a receiver after all these years.

Re: I wish there had been more to fix! [message #7795 is a reply to message #7794] Sat, 09 April 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's cool! Brings the seventies back, doesn't it? Thanks for the post and the photo. And thanks for the link to Bob's site too!

Re: I wish there had been more to fix! [message #7797 is a reply to message #7794] Wed, 13 April 2005 22:03 Go to previous message
lon is currently offline  lon
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Looks like a beauty. Nice big flywheel tuner.

Previous Topic: LM3875
Next Topic: Sonic Impact amp-- any thoughts on it?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:44:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio