Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Experience with Marchand Amps?
Experience with Marchand Amps? [message #7742] Wed, 27 October 2004 20:54 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
For this winter, I'm looking to put together an SS amp of about 100W per channel. Kits from Randy Sloan and Rod Elliot certainly fit the bill and have received quite a bit of positive feedback from the DIY community. Marchand has some very interesting kits and modules, but there doesn't seem to be any reviews at all of his amps. I have no doubt that his crossovers are top-notch, but anybody ever heard the amps?

thanks,
Gar.

Re: Experience with Marchand Amps? [message #7743 is a reply to message #7742] Thu, 28 October 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gumby1 is currently offline  gumby1
Viscount
I haven't heard the amps, but you are considering some quality products I think. I'm planing to build one of Randy Slone's Seal Electronics amps in December. The Selectronic Grand Mos DIY amp also looks nice at www.selectronic.fr

Re: Experience with Marchand Amps? [message #7829 is a reply to message #7742] Tue, 21 June 2005 22:13 Go to previous message
sam9 is currently offline  sam9
Esquire
Marchand is easier to build in my opinion but Elliot P101 is much more in the "audiophile" category.

Previous Topic: Who knows about preamp input impedance?
Next Topic: Hum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:18:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout