Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Alesis amplifiers
Alesis amplifiers [message #7719] Fri, 03 September 2004 12:59 Go to next message
Hutch is currently offline  Hutch
Esquire
Hi all, I am considering an amplifier for a second system and want some power. It will be used for the occasional party and so needs some guts. I was looking at Crown and QSC but also Alesis. What do you think about them? Hutch

Re: Alesis amplifiers [message #7720 is a reply to message #7719] Fri, 03 September 2004 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Stick with the Crown or QSC. Long time ago heard someone saying Alesis amps suck, he had one about 2 years old, and had it in the shop after the outputs blown on it twice. Not sure how he was driving it or what he was using it for. But the Crown or QSC will last for years to come.

Re: Alesis amplifiers [message #7721 is a reply to message #7720] Fri, 03 September 2004 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hutch is currently offline  Hutch
Esquire
Cool.
Thanks -
Hutch

Re: Alesis amplifiers [message #7722 is a reply to message #7719] Sat, 04 September 2004 20:33 Go to previous message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I had a pair of RA300's. The output relays would hang up (no output) after only about 2 months use. I replaced them with Crowns.

Previous Topic: Odyssey
Next Topic: Great technical link to amp design
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:13:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout