Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » What has Randy Sloan been up to lately?
What has Randy Sloan been up to lately? [message #7715] Tue, 24 August 2004 20:59 Go to next message
JN is currently offline  JN
Esquire
I haven't seen any comments in quite a while. Any of you building or using one of his kits?
Jason

Re: What has Randy Sloan been up to lately? [message #7716 is a reply to message #7715] Fri, 27 August 2004 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gumby1 is currently offline  gumby1
Viscount
I heard from Mr. Slone's distributor that his mother has had some health problems that has been occupying some portion of his time. He has a distributor now that is selling his kits. I plan to purchase one of the kits probably around November. I have too many business trips and a vacation coming up to get it any sooner. The distributor also told me that Seal Electronics will be coming out with a preamp. With all of the consumer research I have been doing recently, I am convinced that he has one of the best amplifier designs available. Mr. Slone has written some oustanding books on electronics and amplifier design. Highly recommended.

Re: What has Randy Sloan been up to lately? [message #7717 is a reply to message #7716] Sun, 29 August 2004 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JN is currently offline  JN
Esquire
I didn't know about a new distributor. Who is it?
Jason

Re: What has Randy Sloan been up to lately? [message #7718 is a reply to message #7717] Mon, 30 August 2004 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gumby1 is currently offline  gumby1
Viscount
His name is Brad Wilson and he resides in Canada. His e-mail is bradwilson@telus.net

Re: What has Randy Sloan been up to lately? [message #7830 is a reply to message #7715] Tue, 21 June 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWhitney is currently offline  MWhitney
Esquire
He has sort of closed up shop and is now full time with ZUS Audio. The old Seal Electronics website will direct you to someone in Australia that has taken over sales of the Opti-MOS kits

Re: What has Randy Sloan been up to lately? [message #7886 is a reply to message #7718] Mon, 03 April 2006 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brad Kizer is currently offline  Brad Kizer
Chancellor
For those of you that have built Randy's designs or know him personally he has been in the hospital since 3/15/06 with heart problems. I'm sorry but with respect to Randy's privacy I am not at liberty to say much more than that. Please limit your correcpondence to him via snail-mail as he is still in ICU.
Thanks,
Brad Kizer
G. Randy Slone
P.O. Box 268
3898 Ky. Rt. 466
Weeksbury, KY 41667

Re: What has Randy Sloan been up to lately? [message #7887 is a reply to message #7886] Wed, 05 April 2006 22:12 Go to previous message
Brad Kizer is currently offline  Brad Kizer
Chancellor
Randy made it out of ICU today. His recovery time will be about 6-12 months.
Brad

Previous Topic: Distortion vs Output
Next Topic: The JVC RX DP 9 ... A Nice Receiver .
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:47:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio