Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Odyssey
Odyssey [message #7710] Thu, 05 August 2004 17:28 Go to next message
TeleTubey is currently offline  TeleTubey
Esquire
I'm a die hard tube head, but I heard an Odyssey system today that knocked by socks off. A Tempest and Dual Monoblock I think was what it was. Totally blew me away.

Re: Odyssey [message #7711 is a reply to message #7710] Thu, 05 August 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gumby1 is currently offline  gumby1
Viscount
I read the "Set up and Tweak Tips" section on their web site. For those with more technical savvy than myself, does that make sense? Why shouldn't I be able to turn my system on and off and have it sound good every time I want to listen to it. My Carver solid state gear and my Dynaco and Bottlehead vacuum tube gear has always sounded fine with no warm up or extensive break in. I always wonder about manufacturers that indicate that their equipment must be "warmed up" or "broken in" to sound reasonable. Opinions??

Re: Odyssey [message #7712 is a reply to message #7711] Fri, 06 August 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Yeah, some of their website is rubbish but their equipment sure sounds good.

Re: Odyssey [message #7713 is a reply to message #7712] Tue, 17 August 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gumby1 is currently offline  gumby1
Viscount
Where did you have the opportunity to audition these products?

Re: Odyssey [message #7714 is a reply to message #7713] Tue, 17 August 2004 12:24 Go to previous message
Esquire
I auditioned them in the home of a business partner who just bought them. I'm trying to talk him into selling them to me.

Previous Topic: Scott Nixon chip amplifier experience.
Next Topic: Alesis amplifiers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:57:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout