Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » audionet sam v2 & BAT Vk-300x
audionet sam v2 & BAT Vk-300x [message #7673] Thu, 11 March 2004 00:45 Go to next message
detwid is currently offline  detwid
Esquire
Anyone knows about these two integrated amp? BAT seems to be more expensive but what about quality. is BAT much better than the V2?

ALso what about pre power for BAT, I am considering this option compare to audioresearch VS 110, SP 16 and also MOON W5 ,P5

Please comments

Thank you very much

Re: audionet sam v2 & BAT Vk-300x [message #7675 is a reply to message #7673] Fri, 12 March 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audio Jones is currently offline  Audio Jones
Chancellor
Apples and oranges. SimAudio is SS, Audio Research is valve. BAT is a little of both, gets good reviews. I would choose the Audio Research myself.

Re: audionet sam v2 & BAT Vk-300x [message #7734 is a reply to message #7673] Tue, 28 September 2004 15:15 Go to previous message
nick is currently offline  nick
Esquire
Today I listened to the bat vk-300x - connected to JM-lab Electra bookshelf with a carry cd player and i have to say wow it approached the music with speed and detail with a excellent sound stage. last week i auditioned the moon w5 from simaduio with a par of totem forest speakers- this system got all the music and lost nothing it was all there the only thing that stopped me from buying it was the soundstage it seemed that the music was in the front with the speakers not very deep and somewhat boring to me. When comparing it to the musical fidelity 308 pre/amp with the jm-labs and the musical fidelity cd 308 -- there was no comparison the w5 was not for me so I am now undecided between the musical fidelity and the bat
i think i am going to go for the bat --but more listening will need to be do for me to make that statement -- the bat dos have one up on the mf tho -the bat can be upgraded with tubes at $500 or super tubs for $1000 -- this can be reasonable in a year or so for me but i like that i do not need to sell my pre/amp to upgrade my system i can upgrade the bat at my dealer for a reasonable price-- the mf i can't do that with and it has no balanced in/out but it is musical--please send me a email and let me know what you think

Previous Topic: Finished Brian GT's chip amp
Next Topic: List of DIY amplifiers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:40:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout