Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Need some education on SS
Need some education on SS [message #7669] Sat, 28 February 2004 21:37 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I got into this audio hobby about a year ago through a tube side. But recently, I'm getting curious about the dark, I mean, the SS side of things. Right now, I don't even know the difference between MOSFET and Boba Fett. Can someone point me in the right direction with some links to help me get caught up on the different types or approaches to SS amps.

thanks,
Gar.

Re: Need some education on SS [message #7670 is a reply to message #7669] Sun, 29 February 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The basic amp configurations are the same whether the amplifying element is a tube or semiconductor. Class A, B, C, D, G, H...
All of 'em are pretty much the same whether implemented in class or sand.

There is a ton of good information available on the web these days. Here are a few good reference links to get you started:

Re: Need some education on SS [message #7978 is a reply to message #7669] Mon, 15 October 2007 12:37 Go to previous message
Crystal is currently offline  Crystal
Viscount
The best SS amp I've had was a Randall Titan 300w beast. cleans were great and spankin with as much headroom as you could ever want. the overdrive went from rock to metal with ease. admittedly it was geared towards the 'metal' end of the spectrum, but it had an amazing 'chunk' in the bass end. I recommend this SS amp. Do more research if you are interested in this model.

Crystal

Previous Topic: can a guitar amp be used with an av receiver (hifi system)?
Next Topic: How do I sell a vintage amplifier in a sealed box
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:19:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout