Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » ZUS and Seal Electronics DIY amplifier
Re: ZUS and Seal Electronics DIY amplifier [message #7686 is a reply to message #7685] Sun, 11 April 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pat is currently offline  Pat
Esquire
My mistake the date on the amplifier boards are Sep 3/03. Can I post pictures on this post? With out URL? My web site is under construction. And if so how do I do it? I tried but with no success!

Re: ZUS and Seal Electronics DIY amplifier [message #7687 is a reply to message #7686] Tue, 20 April 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yeah, you'll need a website to store your pictures, then you can include them in posts. There are some free image hosting sites if you don't have any free space from your ISP.

Re: ZUS and Seal Electronics DIY amplifier [message #7688 is a reply to message #7687] Tue, 20 April 2004 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I have a few pictures posted on diy audio forum. My user name is opti-mos Pat, check them out. This picture is when it was almost finished.

Re: ZUS and Seal Electronics DIY amplifier [message #7689 is a reply to message #7688] Fri, 23 April 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's one fine lookin' amplifier!

How does it sound? What speakers are you using with it? What do you use for source material? Still using the Kenwood five-disk changer?

Re: ZUS and Seal Electronics DIY amplifier [message #7699 is a reply to message #7689] Sat, 22 May 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Right now I am using Energy’s C7 front speakers and 15” Cerwin Vega D9’s in the rear for the bass all driven by that one two channel amp until I make it into a four channel. I also have a set of PSB gold series’ speakers, that have more bottom end and less top than the Energy C7’s, so there is no need for more bottom end when you have 15” speakers pumping but the top end of the Energy’s make a better match with the Vega’s, let me tell you this amp has power to drive all these speakers and then some!!!!! AS for the source I’m using a Marantz CD player and a Yamaha receiver for now. The Kenwood CD player made a nice case for this amplifier, don’t you think…..

Re: ZUS and Seal Electronics DIY amplifier [message #7705 is a reply to message #7699] Sun, 04 July 2004 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brad Kizer is currently offline  Brad Kizer
Chancellor
Here are a few more O/M pic's. I also have two more Seal projects under way. Another O/M in a different style enclosure and a HQEF 100W BJT design. Please excuse my web site. I'm in the process of making updates.

Nice job Opti-Mos Pat!

Re: ZUS and Seal Electronics DIY amplifier [message #7708 is a reply to message #7705] Tue, 20 July 2004 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Hi Brad,
That’s nice work! I like that enclosure, I need something like that because I am going to make it into a four channel amplifier. Where did you get that enclosure? Or did you build it yourself. I also like your heat sinks….

Re: ZUS and Seal Electronics DIY amplifier [message #7709 is a reply to message #7708] Wed, 21 July 2004 17:56 Go to previous message
Brad Kizer is currently offline  Brad Kizer
Chancellor
Hi Pat,

The enclosure is a 4U rack mount. I put this one together for my heat sink supplier. You can email him here: barrredboss@yahoo.com He wanted to display his product so after some conversation with Randy Slone we fixed him up. The cutouts were made with a sabre saw. I will post more photos of a second type of enclosure we are working on sometime this weekend. This one is much more compact and as an added plus it's relatively nice to look at according to my wife.:-) The HQEF will be in a standard R/M case with a different face plate. It will look very similar to Randy's "Sweet Amp" internally. I'm really excited to get this project under way.

I need to get with Wayne at Pi Speakers for one of his kits. I don't know what you have for speakers but IMO the O/M kicks butt with horns.

Brad

"Still Rockin' in the Free World"

Previous Topic: NAD C350
Next Topic: Is my Pass Aleph 3 outdated?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:13:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio