Home » Audio » Radio » Radio channels
Radio channels [message #63130] Thu, 10 June 2010 16:19 Go to next message
Chuckles101 is currently offline  Chuckles101
Chancellor
As the new age has come out, people are using radios less and less. But there are some of us that are still using radios. If so, which type of radio channel do you listen to?
Re: Radio channels [message #63135 is a reply to message #63130] Fri, 11 June 2010 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
candoon is currently offline  candoon
Baron
I have one in the car, in the truck, one on my desk at work, in the bath at home (showers and rocking out = YES!), and one in the bedroom. I flip through stations like you would not believe, but what I really want to get back into is the CB land (my pap was a trucker) and I want to teach my girl about them. Smile
Re: Radio channels [message #63165 is a reply to message #63130] Mon, 14 June 2010 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
capbuster is currently offline  capbuster
Baron
I listen all the time too. But at night listen to 740 am Canada old school stuff love it.
Re: Radio channels [message #63181 is a reply to message #63130] Wed, 16 June 2010 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
To be honest, I don't listen to the radio anymore because I don't have one. However, I listen to online radio stations. I'm a classical music person so I try to find stations that play classical music.

What I'm wondering right now is when would radios become obsolete. We are already in the digital age and we can download anything we want, make sure it is paid though.
Re: Radio channels [message #63301 is a reply to message #63130] Thu, 01 July 2010 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chuckles101 is currently offline  Chuckles101
Chancellor
Seems like there are varied opinions about the radio in the 21st century. To answer my own question myself, I still use the radio from time to time. Sometimes I even go to an internet radio channel and listen to it. It can be really amusing, depending on the channel.
Re: Radio channels [message #64061 is a reply to message #63181] Mon, 20 September 2010 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I don't listen to the radio as much anymore, since I started working from home. But,I grew up listening to nothing but radio. I couldn't have lived without it back then. When I do listen to the radio now - I look for the "oldies" stations.
Re: Radio channels [message #64253 is a reply to message #63130] Mon, 11 October 2010 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cuzido is currently offline  cuzido
Chancellor
I listen to the radio in my car mostly and when I do it is anything from rock to country. My girls have their favorite station and my husband has his and then I just go with the flow. I have enjoyed a few of the morning shows out there.
Re: Radio channels [message #64315 is a reply to message #63130] Wed, 13 October 2010 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wonderwoll is currently offline  Wonderwoll
Baron
I like the oldies type shows too. I actually don't mind listening to anything except chat shows. I can't take all the inane chit chat, (though I do like the late night phone in type.)
Re: Radio channels [message #64351 is a reply to message #63130] Sat, 16 October 2010 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang is currently offline  Wolfgang
Chancellor
I still love listening to radio. When I'm cleaning, cooking or reading I listen to Classic station. Sometimes I listen BBC Radio for news and stuff. And occasionally, I listen to Top 10. Surprised
Re: Radio channels [message #64366 is a reply to message #63130] Mon, 18 October 2010 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
3dfreak is currently offline  3dfreak
Chancellor
I still listen to radio stations but I no longer have a radio at home, except the one inside the car. Smile. I use my cellphone to listen to FM stations these days. Sometimes I listen to the streaming audio of the stations via internet.
Previous Topic: Local Radio DJ Getting a TV Show!
Next Topic: Good source for old radio shows?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:23:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio