Home » Audio » Source » Crumpled Cassette Tape
Crumpled Cassette Tape [message #62975] Sun, 30 May 2010 08:33 Go to next message
Mavare
Baron
I have been going through my cassettes to thin down my collection. I have a cassette of my grandfather, who was a minister, preaching. It's pretty important to me but when I tried to play it, the player suddenly stopped and I turned it off hurriedly. I took the tape out and the player had partially unwound the tape and crumpled it up. Now it stops every time I try to run it. Is there a way I can salvage it? Confused
Re: Crumpled Cassette Tape [message #62978 is a reply to message #62975] Sun, 30 May 2010 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

See the thread below about repairing a tape. If the crumpled section of tape is stretched, you'll have to cut it out. If not, you might be able to simply wind it back on the reels. Check the tape deck and make sure it isn't broken, that the pinch roller isn't tacky (sticky) and the take-up reel spins. Might try a new tape deck.
Re: Crumpled Cassette Tape [message #62986 is a reply to message #62978] Sun, 30 May 2010 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mavare
Baron
Thanks Wayne. I appreciate that. I don't think the tape is stretched but when I get my other cassette player out of the shed, I'm going to make a couple of copies of it so I won't have to worry about losing it again. I'd like for my kids to at least hear their great grandfather since they didn't get to meet him.
Re: Crumpled Cassette Tape [message #63052 is a reply to message #62986] Thu, 03 June 2010 09:11 Go to previous message
Dizzy is currently offline  Dizzy
Baron
You might also want to consider cleaning your tape deck. The damage may have been caused by sticky rollers and a solvent cleaner can help to stop it happening again.
Previous Topic: 8 Track Players
Next Topic: Repairing a tape
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:51:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout