Home » Audio » Source » Remembering
Remembering [message #62680] Fri, 14 May 2010 21:52 Go to next message
TLC123 is currently offline  TLC123
Chancellor
I can remember sitting with my cassette player for hours, recording myself singing. Laughing I also remember recording songs from the radio.

You can only burn on cd's, there is no way to record your voice though, correct? At least it isn't as easy as it was with a cassette tape.
Re: Remembering [message #62824 is a reply to message #62680] Fri, 21 May 2010 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dizzy is currently offline  Dizzy
Baron
No you can record your voice to a CD. You just need a computer with a sound card and a microphone input. Get a piece of software that will capture voice and transfer it to the CD.
Re: Remembering [message #62832 is a reply to message #62680] Sat, 22 May 2010 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djessa is currently offline  djessa
Chancellor
At the moment, I'm using cassette tape for recording voices. I'm teaching my kids the proper pronunciation of words. To save my effort of repeating the words, I record my voice in the cassette tape. I'm planning to buy sound card soon. I think it's more convenient and it produce better quality of sound. Thanks for the idea.
Re: Remembering [message #62902 is a reply to message #62832] Thu, 27 May 2010 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lyrica is currently offline  Lyrica
Chancellor
My boom box from back in the day finally died a few years ago. I hung on to all my old cassettes until recently when I dropped them all off at Goodwill. I wonder what will come of them?
Re: Remembering [message #62906 is a reply to message #62902] Thu, 27 May 2010 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dizzy is currently offline  Dizzy
Baron
There will be plenty of people who still have players and who are looking to pick up tapes. Older people especially seem to struggle getting into newer technology so you might be surprised.
Re: Remembering [message #62919 is a reply to message #62680] Thu, 27 May 2010 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TLC123 is currently offline  TLC123
Chancellor
I am sure someone will pick up the tapes to listen to. I still have a few cassettes. My car stereo has a cassette player, along with a cd player.

I did not know you could record your voice to a cd. The kids and I could have some fun with that. Rolling Eyes
Re: Remembering [message #63543 is a reply to message #62919] Tue, 27 July 2010 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JiminyCricket is currently offline  JiminyCricket
Baron
I had a cassette player for the longest time. I sincerely hope my mother hasn't donated my old tapes to Goodwill Shocked. Especially those where my kid sis and I faked radio chat shows. Eek.
Re: Remembering [message #63569 is a reply to message #62680] Fri, 30 July 2010 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soundbuzz is currently offline  Soundbuzz
Chancellor

Sometimes I feel that cassettes are much better than CDs, and sometimes I think not.

I find that cassettes are much easier to control, when you need to rewind and forward to catch a certain part of a song you are learning on guitar or any other instruments for that matter.

I am a little afraid to do that on CDs because I heard that that could spoil your CD.

Is this true?

The lunatics are in the hall.
Re: Remembering [message #63592 is a reply to message #63569] Sat, 31 July 2010 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
No that is not true. Unless you have one of those hard to find CD players that likes to scratch the hell out of CDs by it somehow over spinning it and it hitting something inside. Anyway, No.

There are much better ways to do this. There is a winamp plugin called Loopmaster Musicians Tool that will loop digital files and there are a million different ways to play stuff back at half-speed, like shredders did in the 80's to lean songs.

Re: Remembering [message #63613 is a reply to message #63592] Mon, 02 August 2010 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Soundbuzz is currently offline  Soundbuzz
Chancellor

I had one of those CD players and that awful noise when it sounds like it hit something always had me cringing. I never knew they were hard to find? LOL

And omg thank you so much for that useful link! I can certainly use that plugin! Very Happy

The lunatics are in the hall.
Previous Topic: Buying Vinyl Records
Next Topic: Keeping Vinyl Records in Top Shape
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:59:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers