Home » Audio » Source » Remembering
Re: Remembering [message #63632 is a reply to message #63613] Mon, 02 August 2010 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JiminyCricket is currently offline  JiminyCricket
Baron
The comment on possible damage to CDs reminded me of when I bought some old time music for my gran. She had obviously never played it and I found out it was because she couldn't figure out how to get it from the case!
Re: Remembering [message #64604 is a reply to message #63632] Sat, 06 November 2010 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacks is currently offline  Jacks
Chancellor
My first tape recorder was in fact a reel-to-reel unit. I was a school-aged tyke, I remember how heavy that stupid thing was.

I also remember a LOT of laughter over recording ourselves as kids. I think one of the best howls we ever had was a fluke recording of one of the loudest "breaking of wind" I think I've heard in my life. When you're 7, that's hilarious.
Re: Remembering [message #64667 is a reply to message #64604] Sat, 13 November 2010 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joelle is currently offline  Joelle
Chancellor
Hee hee - thanks for the memory. Thinking about it - it was more fun to have a cassette recorder with the handheld microphone that came with them so we could mime along to songs as well as record ourselves.

Do you remember the little plastic tabs that we had to break off the cassette if we didn't want to record over whatever it was we had captured ? And then fixing the tab with a bit of sellotape later when we changed out mind (or couldn't afford to buy a new blank cassette?)

Joelle
Re: Remembering [message #65042 is a reply to message #62680] Tue, 30 November 2010 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
I, too, have fond memories singing and talking into my cassette recorder. That thing was the it toy for this child of the 80s! Unlike you, I don't have my recordings anymore, though. Sad
Re: Remembering [message #65593 is a reply to message #62680] Thu, 06 January 2011 10:39 Go to previous message
Manilyn is currently offline  Manilyn
Esquire
Now those were the good times! Razz I have always been a singer at heart. I love the feeling of belting out songs and then playing back what I sang to see how well I did. A lot of the time I embarrass myself but it's worth it Very Happy I didn't know until reading this thread that you can record on a CD similarly. That's great Smile I'm going to have to see if my computer can handle that. I'm excited now! I've been using my webcam to record myself sing and while it's nice, the quality isn't the best.
Previous Topic: Buying Vinyl Records
Next Topic: Keeping Vinyl Records in Top Shape
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:05:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout