Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Blocking Sound Out of a Room
Blocking Sound Out of a Room [message #62521] Wed, 05 May 2010 13:08 Go to next message
CountryFried
Chancellor
I work from home as a customer service agent. My job requires that I have no background noise. What material would be good to put over the inside of the window right by my desk to help block outside noise from coming in?

~CountryFried~
Re: Blocking Sound Out of a Room [message #62522 is a reply to message #62521] Wed, 05 May 2010 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You could use foam wedges or a foam pad, perhaps cut to fit in the window sill. Another approach is to use a padded movers blanket, which could possibly be hung like drapes.
Re: Blocking Sound Out of a Room [message #62945 is a reply to message #62521] Fri, 28 May 2010 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mavare
Baron
You could also try the foam insulation sheets. You could use it while you are on the job and then take it down so you could see out of the window. A sheet of it doesn't cost much at a DIY store and you should be able to cut it to fit the window.
Re: Blocking Sound Out of a Room [message #63037 is a reply to message #62521] Wed, 02 June 2010 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaBase is currently offline  DaBase
Baron
You could probably check with a music store to see if they sell sound proofing panels for your walls. If they do they you can buy those and place them over your windows and walls.
Re: Blocking Sound Out of a Room [message #63095 is a reply to message #62521] Tue, 08 June 2010 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musiclover is currently offline  musiclover
Esquire
Sounds proofing panels are probably the best and most affordable way to make sure that noise does not enter from outside through your windows. I advise you go to a music or even furniture store and ask if they have these available.
Re: Blocking Sound Out of a Room [message #63548 is a reply to message #63095] Wed, 28 July 2010 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JiminyCricket is currently offline  JiminyCricket
Baron
Whether you go for sound proofing panels or foam of some kind think about how you will get enough (healthy) natural light to compensate for blocking it all out during work periods.
Re: Blocking Sound Out of a Room [message #63553 is a reply to message #62521] Wed, 28 July 2010 12:42 Go to previous message
candoon is currently offline  candoon
Baron
I was thinking about this more for a bedroom use since it seems sometimes with teens you get loud blaring music (that I do not want to hear really). Is there a large price difference?
Previous Topic: studio speakers
Next Topic: Possible move
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:29:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout