Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Digital Consoles (Update?)
Digital Consoles [message #62376] Thu, 22 April 2010 00:09 Go to next message
Live Sound Audio is currently offline  Live Sound Audio
Chancellor
Looks like it has been a little quiet... Do most people here use digital consoles now?

Sacramento Audio Rental and Sound Reinforcement
Audio sound systems and live sound reinforcement systems.
Re: Digital Consoles [message #62377 is a reply to message #62376] Thu, 22 April 2010 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think probably everyone does. Even the small boards are digital these days, aren't they?

Re: Digital Consoles [message #62443 is a reply to message #62377] Thu, 29 April 2010 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Yes - and thanks for the reply! Even for the cheap gigs I've been using the Presonus SL16 and have gotten hooked on it. Can't wait for the 24 channel version. What console do you use?

Re: Digital Consoles [message #62921 is a reply to message #62443] Thu, 27 May 2010 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
So my next console will be the allen heath iLive 32 frame with no console. Just VNC control. I'll get the Aviom card. Would not have seen this coming a few years ago. Amazing power and tiny footprint all in one.

Re: Digital Consoles [message #63202 is a reply to message #62376] Sat, 19 June 2010 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
So I'm using the new Presonus Studio Live 24. Nice mixer.

Re: Digital Consoles [message #63214 is a reply to message #63202] Sun, 20 June 2010 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've only been involved with loudspeakers, never with the boards. I only know that the boards are all shifting to the digital realm from talking to the guys that use them. I guess that probably means they have some DSP built right in, tie-ins to controllers and stuff like that. What features do you find most useful?

Re: Digital Consoles [message #63222 is a reply to message #63214] Mon, 21 June 2010 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Gates / Compressors / Parametric EQ's. Cant get enough of them. Well I can get enough gates. But not everything else. The Comp's and Parametric EQ's finally allow me to dial "the sound" from a studio live which is where I've got most of my experience.

Re: Digital Consoles [message #63225 is a reply to message #63222] Mon, 21 June 2010 21:30 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, I always thought parametric equalizers were so much better than sliders. Now, with digital, I don't suppose it's any big deal. You can have as many parametrics as you want. But really, I rarely find situations that need more than a couple, maybe three bands. Maybe one or two that's real wide, but only one that's narrow. Seems like that would work for almost every situation. Is that what you've found?

Previous Topic: Buying pick-ups
Next Topic: Bogner Uberschall Schematic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:55:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout