Home » Audio » Source » Putting tape to computer
Putting tape to computer [message #62222] Tue, 30 March 2010 20:40 Go to next message
DaBase is currently offline  DaBase
Baron
Is there a way to put my tapes to my computer? I would love to do that so I can listen to them while I'm on my computer or so I can share music with friends or family. I have tapes from when I was a kid where I'm talking and would love to send them to my mom.
Re: Putting tape to computer [message #62232 is a reply to message #62222] Wed, 31 March 2010 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

We were just talking about this:
If you're just tring to make WAV files, it's one step easier because you don't have to copy the files to CD, just leave them on your hard disk. Connect the tape output to your computer's sound card input, play the tape and record on your computer with the "sound recorder" applet.

Re: Putting tape to computer [message #62235 is a reply to message #62232] Wed, 31 March 2010 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sadie is currently offline  Sadie
Chancellor
I had a friend do this for me a couple of years ago with a tape of instrumental music I had. It was a tape someone had made and I had no idea who the musicians were so I had no way of just going out and buying the CDs. It was really wonderful to be able to preserve that music - if that tape had fallen apart on me without back up I would have been crushed.
Re: Putting tape to computer [message #62606 is a reply to message #62222] Tue, 11 May 2010 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djessa is currently offline  djessa
Chancellor
It's very easy to convert cassette tape to audio CD. I've done this many times but my problem is reducing the unwanted noise. For sure there are available software for this issues. Any idea?
Re: Putting tape to computer [message #63550 is a reply to message #62606] Wed, 28 July 2010 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rockhound is currently offline  rockhound
Chancellor
Recording tapes or records to your computer is pretty easy. There are some programs that assist you in filtering noise that you can find on the internet for cheap or even free.

Here is a link to a site that explains the process in detail and a free editor software. http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/transfer-audio-cassette-to-computer/
Re: Putting tape to computer [message #65156 is a reply to message #62222] Fri, 03 December 2010 20:12 Go to previous message
Hoptoit is currently offline  Hoptoit
Baron
Wow- I love this post, thanks for sharing so many links on how to do these things. I am so not tech-smart and I wanted to put music on the computer and onto CD's. I appreciate all the links!
Previous Topic: Do they still sell
Next Topic: Transferring Tape To CD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:14:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout