Home » Audio » Speaker » Speakerlab Corner Horns (Is anybody familiar with Speakerlab Corner Horns)
Speakerlab Corner Horns [message #62157] Mon, 22 March 2010 19:47 Go to next message
mluc8 is currently offline  mluc8
Esquire
I'm new to the forum, first post. I have a pair of Speakerlab Corner Horns that I got from a kind gentleman last summer.

He said they were about 20 years old. They were in pretty rough shape, paint splatters and all so I refinished them with my limited talent and put new surrounds on the mid's.

Does anyone know anything about them, were they considered ok at the time, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
index.php?t=getfile&id=166&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=167&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=168&private=0
Re: Speakerlab Corner Horns [message #62164 is a reply to message #62157] Tue, 23 March 2010 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I just hate replying to myself. Doesn't anybody remember the cornerhorns from Speakerlab?
I'm wondering if there is a way to update the crossover network. I would think there have been improvements in the last 20 years.
Anyone?
Re: Speakerlab Corner Horns [message #62167 is a reply to message #62164] Wed, 24 March 2010 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Those are very attractive speakers, congratulations!

I believe the cabinet is a clone of the Klipsch cornerhorn. There have been some discussions about it here, some I think even include plans. Here's a link to search results:
Re: Speakerlab Corner Horns [message #62176 is a reply to message #62167] Wed, 24 March 2010 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks Wayne for the kind comment on the speakers. I like the sound of these but have no other horns to compare them to.
Do you by chance have a crossover that you sell that would update the original that is in the speaker?
I'll try to find some info here on the forum also.
Thanks again.
Mark
Re: Speakerlab Corner Horns [message #62183 is a reply to message #62176] Thu, 25 March 2010 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I sell crossovers, but they are specific to the application, meaning they are intended for use only in the speakers they are designed for. This is really the case for all loudspeakers. You can design a pseudo-generic crossover only for speakers that are very close in driver complement and orientation. Even then, a generic crossover is something of a compromise. To improve on the crossovers you have would require some analysis and measurements.

Re: Speakerlab Corner Horns [message #62865 is a reply to message #62157] Tue, 25 May 2010 20:18 Go to previous message
DMoore is currently offline  DMoore
Baron
But of course - those are the latest and last version of the Speakerlab "K", circa 1980's.

The bass bin is essentially a Klipschorn knockoff. The midrange is a 7" direct radiator and an EV 350 on the "super" model (or T35). If the midrange driver is 16 Ohms, you could go stock Klipsch after market with ALK crossovers, I think that the ALK "Universal" handles 16 or 8 Ohm midranges intechangably anf its set up for a Khorn, now if the woofer is an 8 Ohm driver, you will need a different (non-stock) version.

I've attached a couple of files on the Speakerlab.
Previous Topic: Horn loading and frequency
Next Topic: Altec
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 01:10:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout