Home » xyzzy » Tower » Corey Haim, dead at 38
Corey Haim, dead at 38 [message #62039] Wed, 10 March 2010 23:39 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm not sure why, but it really made me sad to wake up this morning to the radio news that Corey Haim died. I remember him best in The Lost Boys, with Corey Feldman, his life-long friend.

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Corey-Haim-RIP.JPG

For most of us over 40, we watched these kids grow up on screen. I am just a little older, so it seemed like watching kids my younger brother's age or something. Maybe that's why I think now how sad it is. Corey was just too young to die.
Re: Corey Haim, dead at 38 [message #62225 is a reply to message #62039] Tue, 30 March 2010 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaBase is currently offline  DaBase
Baron
Man I loved him in License to Drive! I'm 33 so not too far behind him. All these child stars peek young and then when they get older they are forgotten and don't know what to do. I think it's a shame that no one stepped in to try and help him but then again he didn't see that he had a problem. Kind of like Lindsay Lohan and Amy Winehouse think they don't have problems.
Re: Corey Haim, dead at 38 [message #62324 is a reply to message #62225] Sun, 11 April 2010 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mavare
Baron
It's such a waste that someone this talented should die of an overdose. They had such great potential in the industry when they were teens. I just don't get why they stopped acting even if they had to do B list movies, they should have kept on. The sad thing is watched my son head down the same path and he died in jail at 42. It makes me hurt all over again seeing someone this age who didn't have to die.
Re: Corey Haim, dead at 38 [message #62332 is a reply to message #62324] Sun, 11 April 2010 22:06 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Man, I'm really sorry about your son. I've seen too many good young people die from drug overdose. It's really weird to know someone for years, watch them grow from a sweet little baby to a really good boy or girl to a teenager and then fall into that hole. Not only is it terribly sad but it's unbelievable. I've known a few that died that way and I still can't believe it. No matter how much time passes, I just can't believe it. I remember all our conversations, still see their faces.

Sorry, I know that's close to home. I will say this, it is therapeutic to be involved in a twelve step program, and to help others in that same shape. Throwing a line to those still alive feels like throwing a line to those that have gone ahead of us.

If a person is involved in the program (AA, NA, CA or Alanon), they'll see plenty alcoholics and addicts that get sober and stay that way. It's heartwarming. Of course, if you're involved, you'll also see some that die drunk and/or high. Many just don't get clean, they can't, and so you see some fall off. You can't save 'em - they have to do it all. But some do it, and when you see that, it's a miracle, a strength, and it's very healing. You may see some fall by the wayside, but you'll see plenty of them rise up out of their wasteland, grow stronger, start families and become pillars of the community. I know one US sentator that's my age, an example of this very thing.

Previous Topic: Audiophile-Quality CD's
Next Topic: Gary Coleman Dead At 42
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:06:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout