Home » Audio » Speaker » Advantages of getting a 3D speaker
Advantages of getting a 3D speaker [message #61932] Wed, 24 February 2010 17:42 Go to next message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
What are the advantages of getting a 3D speaker compare to a conventional surround speakers. I read a review about 3D speakers work like the conventional speakers that we place around the room but the 3D speaker is just located in front or below the TV stand.

Which do you think would be cheaper to buy?
Re: Advantages of getting a 3D speaker [message #61933 is a reply to message #61932] Wed, 24 February 2010 20:24 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If what you want is loudspeakers that create a very good illusion that sound sources seem to be coming from places matching what you're seeing on the screen, then I would suggest studying the topics of constant directivity, uniform reverberent field, Haas effect, localization and the concept of balancing the stereo image using sound sources with constant directivity aimed to cross in front of the listening area. This orientation obviates a center channel for all but the largest of screens. I would still recommend surrounds for home theater, of course, but the stereo imaging of a pair of properly setup constant directivity speakers is spooky good.

AudioRoundTable.com search results:
Previous Topic: Help me make the leap
Next Topic: Lost track
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:23:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers