Home » Audio » Radio » Radios with tubes
Radios with tubes [message #61903] Thu, 18 February 2010 13:31 Go to next message
AudioAJ is currently offline  AudioAJ
Chancellor
Can you still get radios with tubes anymore? I remember my dad having this one clock-radio that I used to use. It had all sorts of tubes in it and when one blew, I'd run down to the local Walgreens to get a replacement. Don't remember the type of radio it was.
Re: Radios with tubes [message #61904 is a reply to message #61903] Thu, 18 February 2010 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

No, there are no tube radios for sale anymore. However, you can get hifi systems with tubes. They've become all the rage in high-end hifi.

For old tube radios, check local estate sales and eBay. They're nostalgic and fun!

Re: Radios with tubes [message #61958 is a reply to message #61904] Mon, 01 March 2010 10:45 Go to previous message
Dizzy is currently offline  Dizzy
Baron
We used to have a working tube radio until a few years ago that we maintained for a radio training course that my father taught. It was a City and Guilds qualification, and it was so much easier to teach the theory with than a PCB full of resistors and capacitors.
Previous Topic: Montgomery Ward Console Radio indentity
Next Topic: Montgomery Ward Airline parts?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:16:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio