Home » Audio » Speaker » Klipsch
Klipsch [message #61894] Wed, 17 February 2010 10:29 Go to next message
Sadie is currently offline  Sadie
Chancellor
Due to a lack of space, a friend of mine recently asked me to take a set of speakers that her dad had custom made many moons ago. The brand on them is Klipsch and I'm very curious if anyone knows anything about this name. I've never heard of it.
Re: Klipsch [message #61895 is a reply to message #61894] Wed, 17 February 2010 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've never heard of Klipsch? Really?

They're one of the oldest most well-known brands, sort of like Altec. I suppose maybe there is some disconnect between generations, so maybe that's the deal here too. No offense intended. But assuming you have one of their legacy models, what you have is a classic, sort of like an old classic car.
The only thing is, you said your friend's dad had these speakers built, but Klipsch never made kits. So from this I would assume either the original cabinets were damaged and your friend's dad had them rebuilt or he made a cloned speaker. In either case, I'm not sure how true to the original they would be. Not that I think this mades them either good or bad speakers, just that they're different. Sort of like the difference between having an original Model A Ford verses a kit car made to look like one.

Re: Klipsch [message #61907 is a reply to message #61894] Fri, 19 February 2010 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioAJ is currently offline  AudioAJ
Chancellor
Are you saying that you received a set of Klipsch speakers? Do you get to keep them? Make sure you get it in writing. LOL. They are fantastic speakers. I'd jump at the chance to get a set in a heartbeat.
Re: Klipsch [message #61909 is a reply to message #61907] Fri, 19 February 2010 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well, no, I'm a manufacturer so I actually make a competing product. But I do respect the company, its long history and its influence in the home hifi industry.

Re: Klipsch [message #61914 is a reply to message #61894] Fri, 19 February 2010 16:21 Go to previous message
Sadie is currently offline  Sadie
Chancellor
I guess it is a generational thing because, seriously, I've never heard of them Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the information, Wayne. She does want me to keep them indefinitely, although I did offer to give them back at anytime that her circumstances change.

I don't really know where the custom aspect of them comes in, that's just what she told me. There is a possibility that she doesn't know what she's talking about, lol. There is also a possibility that the cabinets were rebuilt. I really have no clue.

Right now they are collecting dust in my living room, but I will make it a point to get some speaker wire and hook these puppies up soon.

Thanks again Smile
Previous Topic: Optimum range JBL 2226
Next Topic: Help me make the leap
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:20:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers