Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2010
LSAF 2010 [message #61814] Mon, 08 February 2010 20:16 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'm going to keep a list of who has commented that they'll be coming to LSAF 2010 in this thread. If anyone has any other info please feel free to post it here.

Name                                     Room
=============================================
GR Research                        Louisville
Dodd Audio / dB Audio Labs                201
Virtue Audio                              202
Touchstone Tweeter Surrounds              204
FS3                                       206
Jackson/Slagle                            207
Audio Crafters Guild                      209
Affirm Audio (formerly MaxxHorn)          210
Sonist                                    211
Crescendo Systems                         213
Michael Mardis (Grant Fidelity)           215
Brad Baker                                216
Advanced Home Theater Systems             218
Fred Thompson                             221
Van Zyl Audio                             222
Silver Circle                             223
AudioKinesis                              224
West Texas Science Center Jr Audiophiles  225
Pi Speakers                               230
Jumping Cactus Loudspeakers               233
Lighter Note                              305
Audio Note                                322
John Busch                                405
Smith & Larson                            501
=============================================
Re: LSAF 2010 [message #61815 is a reply to message #61814] Mon, 08 February 2010 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What's everyone bringing to the show?

I'll be bringing three π loudspeakers with AE TD12S woofers (with Apollo upgrade), DE250 tweeters, top-of-the-line crossovers and Cardas binding posts. Like the four π loudspeakers I brought last year, this represents an all-out performance push using all the best components.

I tend to gravitate towards warm, rich woods like Walnut and this was no exception. These have a bubinga burl with about a zillion coats of hand-polished nitrocellulose lacquer. It's a piano smooth finish and they're looking mighty pretty. I borrowed on the Garland grille look, with removable grilles that are fastened with embedded neodymium magnets. Remove the grille to expose those attractive AE woofers and a two-tone bubinga/ash finish.

Here are some work in progress shots. More pics to come...

http://www.pispeakers.com/photos/three_Pi_01.jpg

http://www.pispeakers.com/photos/three_Pi_02.jpg

http://www.pispeakers.com/photos/three_Pi_03.jpg
Re: LSAF 2010 [message #61819 is a reply to message #61815] Tue, 09 February 2010 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Great Wayne!

I've been bugging you to hear a set of three π's for a while now, and I'll finally get to.
icon10.gif  Re: LSAF 2010 [message #61820 is a reply to message #61814] Tue, 09 February 2010 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CAspeakerman is currently offline  CAspeakerman
Esquire
Hello Shane..

I will be there.... resevations made... don't know what I will bring... still rummaging around the parts bins! Will present some sort of complete system... leaning toward a large passive OB. We shall see. Looking forward to seeing all again this year! Thanks again for your efforts... so appreciated!
Re: LSAF 2010 [message #61822 is a reply to message #61820] Tue, 09 February 2010 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
CAspeakerman wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 11:09
Hello Shane..

I will be there.... resevations made... don't know what I will bring... still rummaging around the parts bins! Will present some sort of complete system... leaning toward a large passive OB. We shall see. Looking forward to seeing all again this year! Thanks again for your efforts... so appreciated!

When you have a better idea, you can let me know and email me at lonestaraudiofest_at_yahoo_dot_com.
If you have a pic I can add to the website even better!!!
Re: LSAF 2010 [message #61998 is a reply to message #61822] Fri, 05 March 2010 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My friend Dave Stanard of Silver Circle Audio will be exhibiting too. Not sure what electronics or speakers he will bring, but I know it will all be fed by his company's flagship Pure Power One 5.0 power conditioner.

http://www.silvercircleaudio.com/Html/products/50.html
Re: LSAF 2010 [message #62371 is a reply to message #61998] Wed, 21 April 2010 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
I just go off the phone with Design Direct Sound, who just happens to be located in Waxahatchie Texas, maybe 40 miles south of the Lone Star site.

DDS will be displaying some of their some of their high quality fiberglass horns in the AudioKinesis room. I use their ENG 1-90 waveguides in several of my models, although I will be bringing and promoting something else at the show.

The DDS horns are made of thick fiberglass, and most of them are what I would describe as "gentle diffraction horns" - that is, they don't have the sharp edges and narrow slots that characterize most diffraction horns, so as a result they do a very good job of combining wide, uniform patterns with low coloration.

Aside from the ENG 1-90, I've used several DDS horns in various prosound appications. Most of their models are constant-directivity or darn close to it. They publish very useful polar plots which you can see on their website.

Here's the link:

http://www.ddshorns.com/
Re: LSAF 2010 [message #62372 is a reply to message #62371] Wed, 21 April 2010 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
When I was working in Austin at the IBM Research Lab in 2006 and 2007, I drove through Waxahachie a lot. Gotta love that name!

I think the DDS horns look great, and I'm glad to see you've used them in your products. Looking forward to seeing you at LSAF!

Re: LSAF 2010 [message #62373 is a reply to message #62372] Wed, 21 April 2010 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
Yeah, "Waxahachie" almost sounds dirty...

DDS makes some large format horns that are very nice. I personally prefer 1.4" throat over 2" throat, as the latter just beams too much at the top end for what I'm usually trying to do. I keep hoping one day someone will commission me to build a killer 18" two-way system, in which case there are DDS horns that will allow pattern-matching with a 700 Hz ballpark crossover.

Duke
Re: LSAF 2010 [message #62384 is a reply to message #62373] Fri, 23 April 2010 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Duke wrote on Wed, 21 April 2010 17:10
Yeah, "Waxahachie" almost sounds dirty...
Duke

Does anybody remember that Waxahatchie was supposed to be the site of the country's supercollider. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superconducting_Super_Collider
Previous Topic: LSAF 2010 Pictures
Next Topic: LSAF 2011 Planning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:29:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout