Home » Audio » Source » AKAI ap-d33 - no volume!
icon14.gif  AKAI ap-d33 - no volume! [message #61610] Sat, 26 December 2009 13:40 Go to next message
Phillus Dillus is currently offline  Phillus Dillus
Esquire
I just got a second hand Akai AP-D33 turntable working again after my girlfriend got me the bits I needed for Christmas, but when I connected it to my stereo it has really low volume. I have tried the left and right connections in both available inputs (it's a Technics stereo and I tried it in the VCR-Ext and VDP-Aux inputs). There is a 3rd wire with the red/white L and R connections but it has no connector on the end just a bare wire.
Can anybody suggest how I can get some decent volume? It almost seems to need some pre-amplifying before it reaches the amp in my stereo.
I'd be really happy if someone can help get my Christmas present to work and allow me to access my 80's memories again!

Happy Christmas!
Re: AKAI ap-d33 - no volume! [message #61612 is a reply to message #61610] Sun, 27 December 2009 09:22 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think you probably need a phono preamp stage. For ideas where to buy and what to get, look through the posts in the link below:

Previous Topic: denon dp6000 turntable with bad IC board
Next Topic: Panasonic rd9090
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:20:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout