Home » Audio » Source » turntable problem (technics SL-L20 turntable)
turntable problem [message #61601] Wed, 23 December 2009 17:12 Go to next message
bigbadwolf2009 is currently offline  bigbadwolf2009
Esquire
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me. I have a problem with my technics SL-L20 linear tracking turntable. The problem is that the grease has dried out on the guide rail and guide rail base.Does anybody know what kind of lube I should use? I was thinking about a light clear silicon grease. I appreciate your help. Thanks!
Re: turntable problem [message #61602 is a reply to message #61601] Wed, 23 December 2009 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's a good question. Without any other direction, I'd be tempted to clean it very well with a light solvent, then maybe use a light oil like WD-40. But I'd try to get input from the manufacturer, because then you'd know for sure.

Re: turntable problem [message #62041 is a reply to message #61601] Thu, 11 March 2010 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioAJ is currently offline  AudioAJ
Chancellor
Is there any way you can contact the people at Technics and ask them what they would recommend? If you can't get in touch with them, try contacting a repair shop to see what they'd suggest.
Re: turntable problem [message #62874 is a reply to message #62041] Wed, 26 May 2010 10:40 Go to previous message
ARTIdaho is currently offline  ARTIdaho
Chancellor

If you are looking for something that really works well but is economical, easy to come by and not 'dirty yuk', go with white lithium. be conservative with it, too much just become messy and does nothing but collect dust. Take the age of your table and the lithium should last that long before the need to relube. Chuck
Previous Topic: SD Cards
Next Topic: Turntables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:36:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout