Home » xyzzy » Tower » Is there a war on Christmas?
Is there a war on Christmas? [message #61599] Wed, 23 December 2009 10:13 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I read somewhere that certain right-leaning folks are afraid there's a war on Christmas. Well, from my Jewish perspective, I think they're right. And it's wrong! What does it cost a Jew, a Hindu, a Muslim or whatever to wish a member of another religion a happy (lower case h) oliday? Or a Christian to reciprocate?

Repeat after me, Christians, Han-oo-ka. Ram-a-dan, etc.

What a great time of year! While we're out running into shopping carts, fighting over the last GI Joe and being rude to cashiers we can forget about all the wars that have been fought in the name of religion.

But then we get home with our families, say a blessing over the spiral-sliced ham, knock back a few egg nogs and act as religious folks should, you know, the way the Holy Spirit, Yahweh and Allah intended.

So to all my Christian friends, screw the Happy Holidays nonsense, have a Joyous and Peaceful Christmas as you celebrate the birth of Your Lord. As for me, I'm done celebrating Jews kicking Assyrian-Greek ass and I might have a little rum-laced milk just for medicinal purposes these next few days.http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/Bear-45-70/Emoticons/roflmao1.gif

Re: Is there a war on Christmas? [message #61600 is a reply to message #61599] Wed, 23 December 2009 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I agree, Bill. I'll pretty much wish anyone any greeting they celebrate. So Happy Pongal!

Re: Is there a war on Christmas? [message #61606 is a reply to message #61599] Fri, 25 December 2009 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Thanks, Bill! Now if we could have the weather cooperate, it could be a really nice Christmas! Unfortunately Tulsa is snowed in, major freeways closed. Ronna is up in Iowa w/kids, my brother was due to visit from Dallas, but that looks impossible at the moment. But it's all good. And, yes, some rum might find it's way into some nog later today, as I take some solo time to reflect on 2009 and the blessings we have - family, good friends, health, job, outstanding hi-fi, etc...
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!
Re: Is there a war on Christmas? [message #61621 is a reply to message #61599] Mon, 28 December 2009 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Happy Holidays to everyone!

My Christmas present will be to get through my vocal chord biopsy/surgery which will take place tomorrow early at the Cinci OH VA center.

I am not allowed to talk for 2 weeks after the procedure to allow my vocal chords to heal properly. No beer either!

To those of you that know me, not being able to talk for 2 weeks will be a very difficult task for me to follow.

I'll be on e-mail only until I'm allowed to talk. In the meantime, I can see my friends doing cartwheels during this time of silence coming up!!!

Here's hoping 2010 will be special for everyone!!

Regards, Ron
Ron's silent treatment [message #61623 is a reply to message #61621] Mon, 28 December 2009 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Holy smokes, Ron, that's huge!

Please be sure and visit here often. We'll keep you company online.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. What time do you go in?

Re: Ron's silent treatment [message #61626 is a reply to message #61623] Mon, 28 December 2009 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I was going to e-mail and taunt you Wednesday then decided it would be more fun to call and breath heavily.

Why do I have to be so far away when Ron can't talk? Why? I could visit and actually listen to the speakers!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/Bear-45-70/Emoticons/roflmao1.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/delicateflower3663/EMOTICONS/47495fe6.gif http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee277/scbyluvsliason/emoticons/haha21.gif
Re: Ron's silent treatment [message #61628 is a reply to message #61626] Mon, 28 December 2009 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
http://www.audioroundtable.com/images/Laughing_Felix.gif
Re: Is there a war on Christmas? [message #64274 is a reply to message #61599] Mon, 11 October 2010 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cuzido is currently offline  cuzido
Chancellor
I know it has been quite some time since Ron posted that but I certainly hope he is doing well.

As far as the war on Christmas goes. People are often afraid of things they don't understand and in my opinion have been brained washed to the point they think if they say something to someone about the holidays that doesn't agree with their beliefs then they are dooming themselves. I do agree that it shouldn't hurt someone to simply say "Happy Holidays". I just get so sick of people judging things they don't understand.
Re: Is there a war on Christmas? [message #64336 is a reply to message #61599] Thu, 14 October 2010 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bohnam is currently offline  Bohnam
Chancellor
I tell people Merry Christmas all the time, and nobody seems to have a problem with it. But then again, the only people I associate with are Christians. Very Happy

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Is there a war on Christmas? [message #64340 is a reply to message #64336] Thu, 14 October 2010 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
I don't know. I personally ignore all of that. I mean, I'm not Christian or anything like that but I still celebrate it. I take Holidays as fun, that's all
Previous Topic: Wikileaks
Next Topic: Christmas without a TV!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 22:25:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout