Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Rocketfish (Wireless surrounds)
Rocketfish [message #61597] Tue, 22 December 2009 10:28 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm going to try wireless surrounds. Yeah, I know, that's a sure recipe for blasé sound. But it is just the surrounds I'm interested in, not the mains. Most the time, they won't even be on, but when playing movies, they'll be there. I'm just not real excited about running wires up in the attick to support the surrounds, but I also don't like wires run along the baseboard, so I'll give this a try for now.

icon14.gif  Re: Rocketfish [message #61707 is a reply to message #61597] Mon, 11 January 2010 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I gotta say, this little setup sounds pretty good. I got it for surrounds only, and was prepared for mediocre sound. It was a gamble. If it really sounded too grungy or bad in any other way, I was going to send it back. If it didn't sound bad, it would have been fine for surrounds. But I must admit, I think it sounds pretty good. It can't compete with a good SET amp, but probably holds its own against a decent solid state receiver so for surrounds, that's great. I'd even go so far as to say it's a good solution for backyard / poolside sound systems.

Re: Rocketfish [message #62477 is a reply to message #61707] Mon, 03 May 2010 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxie is currently offline  Maxie
Chancellor
Wayne, thanks for the comment on this being good for poolside setup. We are having a new pool installed and I have been looking for ideas on how to run the speakers.
Re: Rocketfish [message #64475 is a reply to message #61597] Sun, 24 October 2010 18:55 Go to previous message
Bohnam is currently offline  Bohnam
Chancellor
I think that would be the perfect set up for poolside. You're going to have background noise anyway, so the sounds doesn't really need to be of the highest quality.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Previous Topic: What Should I Look For In A Good Solid State Amp?
Next Topic: Subwoofer AMP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:21:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout