Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Arrrrrrrrrh
Arrrrrrrrrh [message #6960] Sun, 09 July 2006 23:33 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I just watched Dead Man's Chest tonight. It's ok but too long and far fetched. I realize it's a hollywood fantasy but this one is a little over the top for me. The first one you could say possible to a lot of the scenes or they added to the movie. This one just went too far in my opinion.

I think it's worth seeing though if you like Depp's character and the dialog. The good news is you could see the third movie coming early on and guess who's back in action in the third one? They filmed number 2&3 at the same time.

Re: Arrrrrrrrrh [message #6961 is a reply to message #6960] Mon, 10 July 2006 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What have you heard about the third movie?

Re: Arrrrrrrrrh [message #6962 is a reply to message #6961] Mon, 10 July 2006 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
Only that it's already been filmed. This one set a record for box office take I see. I know Barbossa is back in the thrid one. As will be some of the original pirates that made it into the second movie. Depending on how the 3rd one does I see lots of room for more episodes. Whether or not they'll be worth watching is another story.

Re: Arrrrrrrrrh [message #6970 is a reply to message #6962] Tue, 18 July 2006 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sub-zero is currently offline  sub-zero
Chancellor
They filmed the 2nd and 3rd movies together, just like they did for The Matrix and for Back To The Future, back in the early 1990s. I think that the LOTR movies were also all filmed at once.

Re: Arrrrrrrrrh [message #6990 is a reply to message #6960] Sat, 22 July 2006 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brain_states is currently offline  brain_states
Viscount
I hafta disagree Dead Man's chest was no more over the top then the origianl with the cursed aztec gold. To me Davy Jones is no more unbelieve able then Barbossa was in the first flick. The second was reminded me of empire strikes back in the way this trilogy is play'n out.

Re: Arrrrrrrrrh [message #7016 is a reply to message #6970] Sat, 05 August 2006 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matefork is currently offline  matefork
Viscount
I guess this movie is in the tradition of the classic Disney movie hit then, The Swiss Family Robinson. They're of the same genre, pirates. All of Disney's movies have only one thing in common and that's family entertainment.

Re: Arrrrrrrrrh [message #7179 is a reply to message #6962] Thu, 21 September 2006 10:39 Go to previous message
destiny is currently offline  destiny
Baron
Yeah, I know what you mean. I can usually take three in a series if it's a good story but after that it seems like they just start grasping for material.

Previous Topic: Two New Albums
Next Topic: Walk the line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 18:51:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout