Home » Audio » Speaker » Jamo (pronounced YA MO) PE buyouts (8 incher for a woofer line array?)
Jamo (pronounced YA MO) PE buyouts [message #61296] Sun, 01 November 2009 08:07
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Jamo is a pretty famous and well respected brand in Europe. They are now owned by Klipsch and Kliupsch has pretty much not interfered with their production line.

PE is now selling a whole series of their raw speakers for about 9 bucks each. Problem is that there is no curve data anywhere on the web that I can find. it looks like their 8 inch models MIGHT work great for a 50-155 midbass array and at 9 bucks each, you could put in a mid bass array.

This is the only spec they have available: *Power handling: 50 watts RMS/100 watts max *VCdia: 1" *Le: 1.18 mH *Impedance: 8 ohms *Re: 4.81 ohms *Frequency response: 40-2,500 Hz *Fs: 46 Hz *SPL: 90 dB 1W/1m *Vas: 2.2 cu. ft. *Qms: 5.26 *Qes: 0.90 *Qts: 0.77 *Xmax: 1.5 mm

While the x-max is pretty low the efficiency is pretty high.

You could put in a seal design with an equalizer and with that pretty high efficiency put 9 on a side with a combined xmax of 13.5(still less than my 12 inch woofers, but how much air do you really need to move at only 50hz.

Thoughts anyone?

Marlboro
Previous Topic: Something Different
Next Topic: help spend my money on an array project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:27:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers