Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Marshall AVT100 Problems (Effects)
Marshall AVT100 Problems [message #60613] Mon, 17 August 2009 02:52 Go to next message
gill is currently offline  gill
Esquire
I recently got an AVT100 for free of a mate after he upgraded his amp. The amp is as good as it gets for a freebee but the "digitalFX" don't work. He did say that he remembers it did work when he sat on top of the amp sometimes or gave it a firm knock on the lid. What are the options for repair, has anyone ever heard of the amp still working correctly but the effects stopping?

I am an electrician by trade and have done a my share of electronics and circuitry work, but i think this might be out of my league unless there is a common problem with them that can be explained or even some suggestions. I am getting a new setup in a few months but would like to keep this one in full working condition as a spare.

Thanks everyone
Re: Marshall AVT100 Problems [message #60614 is a reply to message #60613] Mon, 17 August 2009 08:51 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds to me like it might be a cold solder joint or mechanical connection. I would re-heat every solder joint and flow in a small amount of new solder. I would also reseat every mechanical connection and socketed component by removing and reinserting them. Start with that, it may fix the problem.

Previous Topic: Distortion
Next Topic: plans for single frequency electronic crossover?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:21:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio