Home » Audio » Speaker » Interesting New Line Array Design
Re: Interesting New Line Array Design [message #61452 is a reply to message #61450] Mon, 23 November 2009 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocket is currently offline  Rocket
Esquire
Hey John,
Man, let me say that I have an amazing respect for you and your work. I am truly humbled.

I wish I still had the lines to measure here, alas, they are gone. What I think was happening was the LF being reproduced simultaneously as everything else at volume. This would be a practical application as opposed to a measured (gated) response, no? At low volumes, they were pleasant. Critical listening yielded different perceptions, however. I'm not ruling out the fact that perhaps I was expecting the end-all-be all and was not satisfied, but it just was not there for me. If one is prepared to accept the tradeoffs that a full-range driver [of this caliber] presents, maybe it's cool. It sincerely did not impress me, in the long haul. I'd like to try legitimate full range driver line source. I am seriously considering the new Tang_band drivers, or, perhaps the Mark Audio units. In my opinion, however, below 90 Hz needs to be accommodated by an external subwoofer.

Just one skinny guy's experiences and opinions.

Rock.
Re: Interesting New Line Array Design [message #61629 is a reply to message #60571] Mon, 28 December 2009 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justinc is currently offline  justinc
Baron
Does anyone know of any other EQ's that can be used besides the deq2496.

Rick or anyone else, have you tried using the crown xti amplifiers at all with their built in dsp for similar applications to this?
Re: Interesting New Line Array Design [message #61637 is a reply to message #61629] Wed, 30 December 2009 18:24 Go to previous message
selahaudio is currently offline  selahaudio
Baron
justinc wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 15:51
Does anyone know of any other EQ's that can be used besides the deq2496.

Rick or anyone else, have you tried using the crown xti amplifiers at all with their built in dsp for similar applications to this?

I've not used the Crown but I am looking at a product that is reasonably priced and may be perfect for arrays.
Previous Topic: Dipole/Bipole Transmission Line
Next Topic: Single tweeter line aray vs Line array with multiple tweeters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 07:43:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout