Home » Audio » Speaker » First speakers - a little ambitious - curved array
Re: First speakers - a little ambitious - curved array [message #61326 is a reply to message #61261] Tue, 03 November 2009 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Villain3g is currently offline  Villain3g
Chancellor
I've got them running. I went with a straight baffle in the end. It seems to have a more consistent sound when moving through the listening area. The addition of the tweeters is the most significant. Where there was an annoying confusion in metal rock and complex orchestral pieces is now a pleasant accuracy. My only concern is if I'm actually getting down to the subs. Most likely not. I've got to put line arrays on hold for a while though. Been looking at houses and it would be tough to have both. I think I'll be happy with these for a little while. Although, my dreams of the big arrays will always be there.
Re: First speakers - a little ambitious - curved array [message #61330 is a reply to message #61326] Wed, 04 November 2009 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Villain3g is currently offline  Villain3g
Chancellor
They definately don't have the same visual effect... Maybe I'll rig up the old enclosures to work for something.
Re: First speakers - a little ambitious - curved array [message #61332 is a reply to message #61330] Thu, 05 November 2009 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's definitely cool looking!

Re: First speakers - a little ambitious - curved array [message #62449 is a reply to message #60650] Fri, 30 April 2010 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr16track is currently offline  mr16track
Esquire
Is that a set of Ohm F's there?

Lady, I'm sorry... I can't hear you with my in-ear monitors!!!
Re: First speakers - a little ambitious - curved array [message #63065 is a reply to message #60573] Fri, 04 June 2010 13:26 Go to previous message
lcholke is currently offline  lcholke
Viscount
Hi Villain3g,

Good looking speakers!!

The comb filtering will not be a factor as long as all the speakers are the same distance from the listeners ear. This is tough to do. The nulls happen when 2 sources are 1/2 wavelength different in distance from the ear. The waves sum to zero. But since you have built the array you can be the judge. The sweet spot sounds like having headphones on to me. I have had both focused and straight arrays.

-LC
Previous Topic: Multiple Subwoofers
Next Topic: Open Baffle or none at all?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:27:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers