Home » Audio » Swap Meet » Peavey 5150 Combo -- Eddie Van Halen Guitar Amp
Peavey 5150 Combo -- Eddie Van Halen Guitar Amp [message #60491] Wed, 29 July 2009 12:55 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I've got for sale my mint Peavey 5150 Combo. I am the only owner and there have been no mods done. The original tubes were all replaced several years ago with JJ's from Eurotubes (highly recommended by the folks at the Peavey forum) with the preamp tubes voiced for a warmer midrange according to Eurotubes. They have approximately 30-40 hours on them with plenty of life yet. I am selling because it is just too much amp for my purposes anymore.

Asking $650 FIRM. Cash only. Local pickup only (Amarillo, TX). Please don't make any lowball offers as they will be ignored. No trades. SERIOUS inquiries only, please no one just wanting to demo (go play one of the new Peavey 6505 combos to hear what this amp sounds like). Full size pics sent on request.

Here is all the information on this amp:

As with all Peavey 5150 amps they have the Brown sound - a smooth crunch sound along with great lush harmonics. The Peavey 5150 Combo amp is a combination of the Peavey 5150 amp design with two 12" Sheffield 1200 speakers. The amp features 60 watts RMS and is voiced to EVH specs. This is the same specifications used in his amps. The preamp section consists of five 12AX7 preamp tubes and two 6L6 power amp tubes. The preamp section has two channels: a Rhythm channel and lead channel. The Rhythm channel has both PRE and POST gain controls. It also has bright and crunch switches. The lead channel consists of PRE and POST gain controls so you can get any sound between ultra-clean to molten lead tube sound. The 5150 Combo also has a 3-band EQ (global) as well as Presence and Resonance controls. There is also an Effects Loop post-EQ as well as a preamp out for connecting to another amp or for recording. The speaker cabinet is of the closed back design and consists of Two Sheffield 1200 12" speakers that have been voiced to Edward Van Halen's specs.

Features

60 Watts RMS
Five 12AX7 preamp tubes
Two 6L6GC power tubes
HI and LO Gain Inputs
2 channel preamp
PRE and POST gain Controls on both channels
Bright & Crunch Switches
3-band EQ
Presence and Resonance Controls
Post-EQ effects loop
Preamp output
Footswitch included index.php?t=getfile&id=49&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=50&private=0
Price Drop [message #61730 is a reply to message #60491] Sat, 16 January 2010 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Price Drop to $600.

Re: Price Drop [message #70994 is a reply to message #61730] Fri, 13 January 2012 23:26 Go to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sold.
Previous Topic: Wanted: Submini tubes
Next Topic: FS: 2pi Speaker Kits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:45:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio