Home » Audio » Radio » Wards Airline Radio 18073SM?
Wards Airline Radio 18073SM? [message #60405] Thu, 16 July 2009 11:53 Go to next message
destiniv is currently offline  destiniv
Esquire
While looking through some old stuff for a yard sale we are planning to have, my grandmother found her old Wards Airline Radio and while its cord is a little beat up it still works quite well.

I've tried searches to find the exact radio that she has, but nothing has come up. She plans on keeping it, but would love to know how much it is worth.

There's only one number on the radio and its not on a sticker. In fact, there are no stickers on it. Just stenciled labels for Airline Radio on the back with a big one that says Wards Airline Radio in big letters. The model/serial no. is on the bottom of the radio, and just as the brand labels is stenciled on.

The Model No.: 18073SM

Is there any information you can give at all about this radio and how much it is now worth?

I can provide a picture of the radio if necessary.
Re: Wards Airline Radio 18073SM? [message #60408 is a reply to message #60405] Thu, 16 July 2009 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Please post a photo, we love to see pictures of these nostalgic old radios!

In my experience, most antique radios are worth more intrinsically than they'll bring on eBay and places like that. They're just cool to own. Some antiques are worth more than others, like TreansOceanics and novelty radios. But most table radios can be purchased for fifty bucks or so.
Re: Wards Airline Radio 18073SM? [message #60411 is a reply to message #60408] Thu, 16 July 2009 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
destiniv is currently offline  destiniv
Esquire
Well, as mentioned my grandmother doesn't plan on selling it - she plans on keeping it. She just also happens to be interested in how much its worth.

Here are two pictures (front and back):

http://pim-designs.net/oldradio.jpg

http://pim-designs.net/oldradio2.jpg

One the knobs is sort of busted, but at least it works. I've always loved this radio. I had almost forgotten about it until my grandmother dragged it back out from storage (in her walk in closet). I'm such a technology person (i.e. computers, cell phones, stereos, etc.), but I really do love the older stuff a lot.
Re: Wards Airline Radio 18073SM? [message #60414 is a reply to message #60411] Fri, 17 July 2009 11:15 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'm an electrical engineer, and my entitre career has been in computers, so I know what you mean. I got an old tube radio about 20 years ago and fixed it up, just for nostalgia. Since then, I've collected about a dozen of them. I don't really care what they'll sell for - I'm not selling. To me they're a little piece of history. Someone listened to current events unfold for the last 50, 60, or 70 years on my radios, and that's fascinating to me. They're like time machines.
Previous Topic: Strombeg Carlson tuner help
Next Topic: radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:29:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout