Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » three π upgrade
Re: AE TD12S [message #60425 is a reply to message #60420] Sat, 18 July 2009 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Docere is currently offline  Docere
Chancellor
Hi Wayne

I understand and respect and your position. I would feel similarly. Personally, I do not put much stock in most subjective reviews etc. and feel they can often be more hindrance than help.

I was not so much looking for a better - best type of comparo; I was seeking a greater understanding of the two flavours. You have provided that to the point you are comfortable. Thank you for your help.

Cheers
Raymond
icon1.gif  Re: AE TD12S [message #60431 is a reply to message #60425] Tue, 21 July 2009 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Should I say that, maybe it's important for some people and this does not affect the sound, ae/12S has a foam surround (like the e/LAB12). Do you think this is an important detail/decision for some people, like me - it's my opinion, saving money in the long run and keeping its (speaker) resale value. Note: the only one that doesn't have a foam surround is the Lambda Series TD12M.

Re: three π upgrade [message #60461 is a reply to message #60130] Fri, 24 July 2009 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Looking forward to measurements of Three Pi with TD12S woofers, especially true efficiency numbers.

Thanks for all of your hard work. You have brought another high quality speaker option to the masses in your Three Pi with TD12S.

Norris
Re: three π upgrade [message #60517 is a reply to message #60461] Tue, 04 August 2009 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Champion is currently offline  Champion
Baron
Hi Wayne,

Is your TD12S with or without the Apollo upgrade? Any idea if it worths the extra $100 each?

Thanks.

Re: three π upgrade [message #60518 is a reply to message #60517] Tue, 04 August 2009 09:18 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I bought (and tested) the TD12S with Apollo upgrade. One of these days, I'd like to test standard TD12S woofers to compare, but since I haven't, I can't say how much improvement is gained from the upgrade. I wanted this design effort to focus on the premium part first.

Previous Topic: Wayne, a question about B&C DE 250
Next Topic: wood midhorn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:00:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout