Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2010 Planning
Re: Planning for LSAF '10 [message #59543 is a reply to message #59510] Sat, 27 June 2009 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
I think we can enlarge the exhibiting base, (mfgrs, dealers maybe), by including Sunday, and those folks are more likely to stay Sunday 'cause it's business in addition to fun. I don't think it's the kind of show where it's desirable to *force" anybody to do anything (except observe a ceiling on SPL.)

Shane - I have 30 in mind as a sensible critical mass to work toward, too. I'll help recruit exhibitors, work on getting a date swap deal with AK and help promote it once it's set.

If we can get some more exhibitors, I think it would be good to advertise Sunday, with a proviso that individual exhibitors will fade out through the course of the day.
Re: Planning for LSAF '10 [message #60454 is a reply to message #59543] Thu, 23 July 2009 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Ok folks!

I've got emails out to everyone who attended I believe. I've had several replies already and hope to have all comments in in the next week or two. I will email again to everyone who hasn't responded by this weekend in case their SPAM filter caught it.

We've had several good ideas and comments, but I will wait till I have as much in as I'm going to get then report the consensus here on this thread. Then we can go from there.

I guess I've volunteered my services for next year?
Re: Planning for LSAF '10 [message #60455 is a reply to message #60454] Thu, 23 July 2009 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Please do, if you can.

You have been AWESOME and I appreciate all you've done, so much!
Re: Planning for LSAF '10 [message #60502 is a reply to message #59541] Fri, 31 July 2009 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PR Audio is currently offline  PR Audio
Chancellor
Hi, Wayne, all,

Here's an idea from a "newbie" (me):

On the "Exhibitors" page, add a button / hyperlink under each logo. It could read "Our show schedule", or something like that. This link will go to a page for that exhibitor, stating their planned schedule (and perhaps the overall show schedule, as well.) IMO, whenever possible, that page should be on the exhibitor's own web site (unless they do not have a site, or unless they just do not want to host it for some reason.)*

Separately, I also think exhibitors should be encouraged to promote the LSAF on their own sites, with a link or links back to the LSAF site.**

This would all take a little effort, but should be worth it.

*One possible negative to posted / more or less set schedules is that for small operations, especially from out of town, it is sort of an Internet-wide invitation to get burglarized. But, there are ways, direct and indirect, to mitigate that...

**BTW, whoever now has the pics that were taken in my (PR Audio) room, I sure would like to have copies e-mailed to me (1MB max. each file, please.) I'd love to put a couple on my site, and otherwise promote the show. (I put a little "blurb" on the News page on my site, for this year's show, but would like to do more.) Thanks!!

Come visit!
www.praudio.com/site/
Re: Planning for LSAF '10 [message #60504 is a reply to message #60502] Sat, 01 August 2009 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's a great idea, Paul!
Re: LSAF 2010 Planning [message #61174 is a reply to message #59505] Tue, 13 October 2009 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Ok folks, after many a dead month on this topic, it's time to start the ball rolling. I emailed everyone who exhibited this year, several times, but got a very limited response. For those of you who did, I thank you very much for your comments and suggestions!!!

We need to narrow a weekend down. There were as many for as against Father's Day weekend, so no consensus there. So we are back to square one.

I've not contacted Dave yet to see if an AK weekend swap is possible, but if not we are probably looking either a month before or after again.

Re: LSAF 2010 Planning [message #61177 is a reply to message #61174] Tue, 13 October 2009 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well, I'm pretty much in whenever we have it. I understand your plight - that's how it always was for me too. Nobody really makes any movement until the weekend prior, then they book a room and you see them there. But still, it's our show and I love it!

Anyway, the point is, this is probably a "throw a dart at the calendar" kind of deal. My favorite is go back to where we always had it, first weekend in May. That's our spot, and I think it works best for Dallas too. It usually hasn't gotten brutally hot yet and it's close to Cinco de Mayo. But whatever date we choose, I'll be there.

Re: LSAF 2010 Planning [message #61178 is a reply to message #61177] Tue, 13 October 2009 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
AK Fest is May 1st & 2nd. I would avoid that weekend. May 9th is Mother's Day. The long weekend of May 28-31 is Memorial Day weekend. The weekends of May 14-16 and 21-23 appear to be conflict-free.
Re: LSAF 2010 Planning [message #61179 is a reply to message #61178] Tue, 13 October 2009 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
AudioFred wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 12:08
AK Fest is May 1st & 2nd. I would avoid that weekend. May 9th is Mother's Day. The long weekend of May 28-31 is Memorial Day weekend. The weekends of May 14-16 and 21-23 appear to be conflict-free.

I know that the last two weeks of May are crazy for us with two kids in school. I don't know if this affects many others as I'm definitely at the younger end of the spectrum of attendees Razz

I've heard both sides of the kids in school situation. Many don't want to waste any possible family vacation time to go to the fest after school lets out (although in my mind we're only talking a day or three at most--not really long enough for a proper vacation IMO), but others like myself can't really get away those last two weeks of May.
Re: LSAF 2010 Planning [message #61180 is a reply to message #61179] Tue, 13 October 2009 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Personally, I still like the first weekend in May best. But that's not fair to the companies like Audio Note that try to attend every regional show. I guess middle of May (14-16) would probably be OK, wouldn't it?

Previous Topic: Reports from LSAF '09
Next Topic: LSAF Home Page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:45:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout