Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Wife Is Going Deaf
Wife Is Going Deaf [message #59281] Wed, 20 May 2009 04:47 Go to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
A highly regarded Stereophile reviewer was visiting his family doctor, and he said "Doctor, I'm concerned that my wife is going deaf. Sometime when we're listening to the system together I'll ask her a question and I get no response". The doctor told him to bring her in for a hearing check, but he said "Whenever I bring the subject up she becomes angry. I doubt she would be willing to take a hearing test". So the doctor told him about an alternative hearing test he could perform.

That nite she was cooking dinner, and the reviewer stood about 20' behind her and asked "Honey, what's for dinner?" Silence.

He moved to about 10' behind her and again asked "What's for dinner?" Silence again.

He moved to about two feet behind her and asked "What's for dinner?" She replied "For the third time, chicken!" Laughing
Re: Wife Is Going Deaf [message #59282 is a reply to message #59281] Wed, 20 May 2009 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
http://www.audioroundtable.com/images/Laughing_Felix.gif
Re: Wife Is Going Deaf [message #62226 is a reply to message #59281] Tue, 30 March 2010 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaBase is currently offline  DaBase
Baron
That was a pretty good one. I wish my grandpa was still alive because he could tell some really good ones. My mom hated it because he would get pretty raunchy with us young ones.
Re: Wife Is Going Deaf [message #62493 is a reply to message #59281] Mon, 03 May 2010 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioAJ is currently offline  AudioAJ
Chancellor
That is so funny. Laughing Just goes to show how many people are in denial of the problems that they have and blame it on someone else.
Re: Wife Is Going Deaf [message #62501 is a reply to message #59281] Tue, 04 May 2010 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sadie is currently offline  Sadie
Chancellor
Good one Laughing I'm going to have to remember that and at it to my list.

AudioAJ - So true that many of us think we're just fine and it's those around us with the problem. If only that were true!
Re: Wife Is Going Deaf [message #62897 is a reply to message #62501] Wed, 26 May 2010 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lyrica is currently offline  Lyrica
Chancellor
That's hilarious. My brother and I were sitting on the porch one evening and he proceeded to tell me how he heard on the news that a 100 yr. old mobster had been caught and they were debating on which aquarium to send him to. I replied with confusion, as I couldn't understand what kind of punishment that was. I went on about his age being a consideration but why would sending a criminal like that to an aquarium be of any use. We bantered on about it and then finally he said..."It was a 100 yr. old LOBSTER!" True story. I was 30 at the time. Sad
Re: Wife Is Going Deaf [message #63832 is a reply to message #62897] Wed, 11 August 2010 09:38 Go to previous message
Songs4Life is currently offline  Songs4Life
Baron
Thank you for giving me a good laugh. Just as there are none so blind as those who refuse to see, there are also none so deaf as those who refuse to listen. Those who are pretending to be deaf because they do not want to appear to be listening is another story.
Previous Topic: How about Smaller is Better?
Next Topic: His headset was too loud
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:15:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout